SWEET TEA

Monday, March 17, 2014

48 Hours

Our oldest first born child had a birthday last week and we had lots of fun celebrating with her this weekend in Tulsa.  Though out-going and feisty, she seems to manage to be out of camera range most of the time, but I.Got.Her. this weekend.  Isn't she the prettiest thing?  People have always loved her hair and when she was a child she worried that perhaps someday her hair would turn brown.  It didn't happen. YAY!  And, I must add that we brought our little red-head home from the hospital on St. Patrick's day.  What did she wear?  A pretty little mint green dress. The happiest St. Paddy's day we've ever had!

"We LOVE you, Amy!".

Amy and her youngest daughter, Grace.

Amy and Brent
(BTW, Brent is my FAVORITE SIL)


These are their lovely daughters.
Kaylee, Paige, and Grace.
They float my boat.
They wet my whistle.
They ring my bell.
OK.  I know you get the idea.

Such fun spending time with all these beautiful girls!

Kaylee just recently got her Driver's Permit.
She took me for a ride in her new (to her) car.
It was surreal being chauffeured by a
Granddaughter.


We also celebrated HK's birthday
with our extended family.

Little Mama was so nervous about it
but it turned out very nicely, doncha' think?
Ladybugs everywhere!

HK thought it was GREAT!

I also attended a Baby Shower for
Heather & Chase.(our nephew and his wife)  This will be their first child, a baby girl.  Can't wait til she arrives - don't think we're gonna have to wait very long now.

Good luck Heather!!
I'm guessing little "Linley" will make her grand entrance next Saturday, March 22.
Weighing in at 8 lbs 12 oz.  (We'll see if my guess is close.)

Practically every minute of the 48 hrs in Tulsa was spent doing something "family fun".  So thankful for the special times.  Even though I don't like to travel, gotta say it was absolutely worth every minute of the drive.  And, let the record show that HK traveled very well - though it was necessary to keep the "Bubble Guppies" video playing the entire time. I'm thinking that should qualify Mister and me for some type of award.  Can I get an Amen?  










13 comments:

Nonnie said...

Amen!!! And I think for all that fun, you could endure an even longer drive. No sirree. You are not the typical family!! What a lovely brood you have and you sure know how to celebrate the milestones in life. I think to be a part of your family would be a blessing most people will never experience.

Susie said...

Wow, you have been busy. I think all those young ladies are beautiful. I know you love your sweet family. blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

Miss Dishywoo said...

Yes, you do deserve an award! All the girls/women in your family are just beautiful. What fun events you all had - yes, the ladybugs party was darling.

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Deb! I love the beautiful red-heads in your family AND the other beautiful ones, too. Love the birthdays and all the celebrations of life in general. You had a BUSY 48 hours! xo Diana

Mary said...

Her hair is BEAUTIFUL! I hope she knows how lucky she is to have such gorgeous hair!

Bobbie said...

Amen! And how very sweet! Lots of good times being had there :-) You are truly blessed!

yaya said...

What a beautiful red head! You are one lucky lady with such a great looking family and so much fun and birthdays to share! Glad the trip was good and everyone had fun! A big AMEN to having to listen to bubble guppies...what we won't do for our Grandkiddos! You may have a grandkiddo driving..I have one in college..now that's an eye opener!

acorn hollow said...

wow you are a family of beautiful women! Happy Birthday to all.
Cathy

Cheri said...

WOW you were busy. I can completely understand the way you feel about travel and family...I am in the same boat as you on that. HK had the cutest party...loved looking at all those decorations/food..great job. Hope all goes well for your niece when she delivers their precious bundle. And lastly...your Amy looks like you and I am glad her hair never turned brown...she has gorgeous red hair. Seems like you have a very close and loving family, Debbie.

bj said...

Oh, yes...all your girls are beautiful. I so know how blessed it is to be surrounded with beautiful girls...we have 7 grand girls so with the two mamas, too....we are GIRL CRAZY. :)
xo bj

arkie said...

What a lovely bunch of girls! Love the red hair! My grandson had a ladybug cake for his recent birthday. Had to make it a little more boyish for him. Your daughter did a wonderful job on the cake!

With our grandchildren we had to listen to Wonder Pet dvd's on all of our trips. Thank goodness they have outgrown them!

Anonymous said...

I have missed you, I have a new program on my computer for the visually disabled an I am so glad, you have such a beautiful family, you are well and truly blessed,

marejohn said...

I'm a little late to the party (sorry) but you get a resounding AMEN!
Looks like a FABULOUS time! I agree on the travel ordeal, but always SO glad to have been with our kidlets and grands!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...