SWEET TEA

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

a "FIRST"

Imagine going to your front door on a gloomy, routine day. . .


. . .and finding this.

"A Care Package"!
I have never received any type of Care Package before.
Never.In.My.Entire.Life.
Washington?
Obviously from our oldest son and his wife.
I don't know how to get this cheesy smile off my face.
I think it's permanently frozen there.

Look what I found inside!

I don't want to boast, but "When's the last time you had your very own coloring book?"
Just sayin. . .

And look at all these yummies!
Everything made waaay up there in Washington State!
"Which to open first?"
I think I'll wait.  Then put all these goodies back into the box so Mister can have the fun of opening the big red box himself. 

And look at these very cool Washington State post cards - each actually frame-worthy IMO.  And the funky Sunshine magnet will receive it's very own place of honor on the 'fridge.  Now I'm guaranteed sunshine every day. (OK.  I did open the Chocolate Chukar Cherries and I ate one, but I can put them back into the container and Mister won't even know one is missing.)

This was soooooo much fun!!
It brightened my entire day!!
(OK.  So I ate two of the Chocolate Chukar Cherries.  It was before lunch and I was hungry.  And weak.)
Mister better come home from work soon if he's gonna get to enjoy any of these fun Washington treats.  Grey and Antoinette "I want to put smushy kisses all over your face!"  

Thank you so much!!




13 comments:

Susie said...

I am happy for you:):) I absolutely love getting mail. I still love to color with my g.kids. I miss coloring with my oldest granddaughter. She was the coloring queen. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

yaya said...

What a fun surprise! I think you have the best kiddos ever and I'm thinking they learned it from you and Mister! Enjoy the treats and all the love from Washington!

Mari said...

What a fun package! It sure beats the usual bills and junk mail. :)

Wild Oregonian said...

Glad you liked it! We had a great time pulling it together. <3

Miss Dishywoo said...

How thoughtful! And from your own kids! Double the joy. I would have a hard time resisting the yummies, too. The Fruit Delights remind me of my husband's grandmother. She gave everyone a box of those for Christmas each year. Enjoy!

Jeanie said...

Boy, they know how to make a day special. I think you did very well not opening more before your husband got home.

acorn hollow said...

how very sweet to make your day.
Cathy

Terra said...

Your kids are brilliant and they are deserving of some smooshy kisses.

Joyce said...

Surprise mail is the best, especially surprise mail containing chocolate. I might have just eaten all the cherries and not mentioned to my hubs they were ever a part of the deal : ) So sweet of your kids. Little kindnesses go a long way, don't they?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Not that is so sweet of them, what a great care package. Have fun coloring.....

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I LOVE it!!!! What fun! Is there anything that makes you happier than something from your kids? xo Diana

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

What a sweet gift! I love coloring and have a book and crayons. But I confess, it's been a few years since I used it.

Beth J said...

Now...go find your crayons. (so that you are ready when Mister gets home.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...