SWEET TEA

Friday, February 7, 2014

S.O.D.

Every once in a while I find it fun to post about a Simple Ordinary Day.  It's true that the normal, every day, run-of-the-mill days are the very sweetest in our memories when we look back over time.  So with that thought in mind, if you were a "fly on our wall" (no offense intended) this is what you would see.

Mom had a bit of a health scare over the weekend and was in the hospital overnight, but everything checked out fine.   So today we took the opportunity to indulge (celebrate) in a seasonal favorite here in Louisiana - King Cake!  We bought "Strawberry", our favorite flavor.

Any day that has King Cake included is a
VERY GOOD DAY!

Lil' MaMa had this great idea for HK's monthly photo shoot.  I was all too pleased to wear the trashy RED lipstick and smooch all over our wiggly, Princess.

HK received a package in the mail -
a Valentine tee shirt
and a Red Rubber Ducky, from my Sister!
"Auntie D surely knows how to please!"

I'm a couple of days into a new Bible Study.
Today I read my lesson in the car as I
waited for Mom to  emerge from
her Beauty Shop appointment.


There was morning Play Time.


"HELP ME!
I don't know how to get out of this box!"


*NAP*

Then there was Afternoon Play Time.


Later. . .Li'l Mama came home from school (college)
and Boudxy and I settled into the recliner
for a little R & R before starting dinner.

Normal.
Average.
No-Drama.
My very favorite type of day!
(I'm pretending the sun is shining which makes it an absolutely PERFECT  S.O.D!)

Have you had a good day?
I.am.nosy.
I have a need to know. *wink


13 comments:

yaya said...

Fridays can go many different directions around here. Work was busy, but not crazy...that's good! The sun did shine but the temps were 21below zero this morning..it did warm up to 12de. so I guess I can't complain! I was suppose to be on call tonight but somebody else wanted extra money so I gladly gave it up! I didn't have a cutie to play with or a delish cake to eat, but I enjoyed looking at your day and smiled at all that sweetness!

arkie said...

Lovely granddaughter picture! Glad someone has normal days. I'm not sure what one would be like here. My 4 year old grandson was watching the weather forecast this week. They were showing that snow was starting to fall in our area. Grandson said evil was coming! What? He "read" the top corner of the screen backwards - Live. Is that normal?

Mari said...

She is getting so big - and cute as ever! You're right, it's the ordinary says that make life and are so special!

Jeanie said...

Your ordinary day has a lot of extraordinary cuteness in it with Miss HK around.
Glad your mom is okay.
Oh, and my day was just fine. Thanks for asking.

Deanna said...

King Cake - yum!

Tammy said...

Glad to hear your Mom is okay. Your granddoll is so adorable and growing so fast. I'm like you, I really love the ordinary days. Hugs!!

acorn hollow said...

never had king cake, very glad your mom is fine. and that baby is a cutie for sure.
Cathy

Bobbie said...

I loved your ordinary day... and mostly I loved that adorable little 11 month old angel with the kisses all over her. What a fabulous idea!!
I kept my youngest granddaughter last night and she decided she wanted to watch tv/play with the ipod/ lay on top of me and have me rub her back most of the night. Lack of sleep wears this grammy out early... but I sure do miss my busy little 2 year old tonight. That was my day ;-)

Sush said...

YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH YOUR KING CAKE PHOTO! Here in Nawth Cackalacky you just don't get the really really really good King Cakes you get in Louisiana and ya know I'm really a native NOLA gal so it is really real really killing me.
I loved your SOD…the very best kind!

Susie said...

Your little one is so cute. Hope your mom is doing much better. Hug her for me. I miss my mom.
Enjoy this coming week. xoxo,Susie

Linda said...

I loved your day! I am looking forward to getting well and having a normal day of my own soon. This is the first time I've been on my lap top since Friday!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved your day and love days like that. When I retire...I am going to have those kinds of days.

Nonnie said...

I'll take an S.O.D. kind of day any day. The pic of your Mom with the cake is so sweet. And HK is over the top adorable with the rubber duck and that big red bow. She sure is growing up. So cute getting her toys out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...