SWEET TEA

Friday, February 14, 2014

Past and Present.

Valentine's Day isn't just for Sweethearts, but for friends too!
So glad you're in my world, Bloggy Friends!

* * * * * * * * * * *

For Mister, my Valentine for 44 years.
His "Mama's Chocolate Cake".


 Of course I wouldn't forget the single ladies in my world -
These chocolates are for my Mama.

And this is for HK.
Her very first Lollipop - This should be interesting.

I mailed treats to our Grands and also had a chocolate treat for Lil' Mama.  Shhh!  This is a secret, so don't tell her I told you.  Lil' Mama has a date tonight so I'm guessing she'll get a Valentine of some sort from her new, special friend.

* * * * * * * * * * 
Just a couple of Valentine memories to share:  When I was in fourth grade Gary White gave me a Valentine and a set of tiny doll china.  I still remember how special I felt.  YAY for all the Gary White's in the world that give to make a special memory.

In the 10th gr. I remember coming home, opening the front door and having a box of chocolates drop onto my head.  The mystery giver didn't sign his name so I never knew who it was from.  Ahhh, sweet youth!

I also remember a young guy who had a crush on me and gifted me with a 4 ft pink stuffed Bunny Rabbit for Valentine's Day.  I didn't like the boy and was never especially kind to him.  Shame on me!  Sometimes youth is mean.  I hope he has long forgotten my lack of appreciation.

I also remember a time when the roads were ice and snow-covered.  Mister and I were dating at the time.  He worked late that bitterly cold night then drove 20 miles across town, risking life & limb to deliver a GIGANTIC box of chocolates to me.  It was midnight when he arrived.  Poor Guy!  We begged my Mom to let him spend the night on the sofa so he wouldn't have to make the drive back across town in the awful weather.  Mom said NO, as it wouldn't look right to the neighbors if his car was in our driveway the entire night. <sigh>  It's such a different world we live in today.

I hope your Day is happy and you help to make a memory for someone, and remember, "Valentine's Day isn't just for Sweethearts".


8 comments:

Nonnie said...

Awwwww. Every memory, a different emotion. So sweet that HK will have her first lollipop, Lil Mama is having a date, Mister is having his cake, and Mama is getting her chocolate. All is well on Valentine's Day.

My parents would never have allowed the sleepover either. Glad he made it home safely that night or there might not be a story to tell. True love waits. Didn't somebody make a song about that? :-)

acorn hollow said...

great memories. and a fun valentine post.
Cathy

Debby Ray said...

What a fun post...and sweet Valentine memories. I remember those days....you are right, we live in a different world today. Sounds like you had a great V-Day!

Linda said...

Loved hearing your memories!!

yaya said...

Wow, you charmer you! Breaking hearts all through your youth! I hope your day was lovely and I'll send a big hug to you from me! Happy Valentines Day!

Mari said...

Sounds like a good day over there! I enjoyed your memories.

NanaDiana said...

LOVE ALL your memories of Valentine's Days past and so happy that Lil Mama is going on a date! I hope we all approve of him!;>) xo Diana

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a good day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...