SWEET TEA

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy X 3

Just had to share a few special things with you.
These are just a few of the things that have given me a reason to smile really BIG during the holiday season.

Mister came home from the after Christmas sale with this shirt he had bought for me.  There was only one left and this was it.  The color, the size, the message - PERFECT!  It was obviously meant for ME!!  Gotta love a shirt that says, "Happy, Happy, Happy"!  My new favorite!


Our youngest son, Tate, made it home for Christmas.  He's always a party!  So happy to see him and enjoy all the craziness that makes him so special!!


Also, for Christmas Mister replaced the diamond in my wedding ring.  We've been married for 43 years and this is the THIRD time I've lost my diamond and he has replaced it for me.  *blush*  I guess when I lose it and he fails to replace it I'll know it's "not gonna work out".  Till then, we're "good to go"!

* * * * * * * * * * 
Some of my friends have been posting a single word they feel God has layed upon their heart for the new year.  I've also done the same before and it's been interesting to see how God has taught me about that particular word during the year.  The word I feel God gave me for this year is "Bounce".  I know that seems a little odd since it's not particularly a "Bible word".  So the year should be interesting.  The first thought that comes to mind is the OLD song by Bobby Vee, does anyone else remember it?  

"Like a rubber ball I come bouncin' back to you [God]"  Perhaps I'm gonna learn how to be more consistent with my faith.  That would make me "Happy! Happy! Happy!





14 comments:

momof3girls said...

Great word! It will be interesting to see what God teaches you. I love your new rock & shirt!

Shirley Sue said...

I guess my word will be "change". A lot of it going on this year already! After 43 years of marriage, my husband FINALLY bought me a diamond ring to go with my gold band. It wasn't big but he done good. I think I'll keep him. Love the shirt! You got a good man there.

Marsha Young said...

Sweet Tea,
Love that shirt! and you just gotta love a guy that would think to bring you that one.

Great post. Wishing you much happiness in 2014!...Marsha

NanaDiana said...

Love, Love, Love your Happy Happy Happy shirt and I am so glad that the MR has replaced your diamond for you AGAIN! I hope you insure it-insurance is cheap for jewelry.
Love BOUNCE and Oh- Yes- I remember that song- xo Diana

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes your word is definitely different, should be interesting to see how you bounce! Love the t-shirt and your hubby is so sweet replacing you diamond so many times. Glad your son made it home for Christmas.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I love that Shirt.

Replacing the Diamond is great, but I would not judge the working of marriage on weather or not the Diamond is replaced. I am sure that you meant it as a chuckle LOL

My family and me wish you guys a very happy New Year.

yaya said...

It's good to start the new year with two great words...bounce and happy! I think you have bounced back many times since I've been reading your blog. You have made the challenges in your life work and everything seems to be in a good place. I wish you the best this year and I'll look forward to seeing how you incorporate "bounce" in your life!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I like that word as well. Bounce! And I wouldn't worry about being consistent in your faith. I think that it's by being "inconsistent" and by doubting and seeking that we grow in our faith; at least some of us. If we don't doubt, we have no reason to seek. If we don't seek, we will never find. God knows our heart and He'll let us find Him in whatever way suits us. He's a good God!

Bobbie said...

Oh boy... do I love that shirt!! It makes me HAPPY!! So you are back on WW? Good for you! I hope you are doing better than me. I just finished up a sheet cake with homemade icing (yes, I ate almost the whole thing in just a couple of days) Ugh. I need to keep the sweets out of the house.
Like your word! Bouncing back to God is always a good thing ;-)
Wishing you and your beautiful family a happy new year!

Jeanie said...

Happy X 3 is a great way to start the new year. Wishing you gentle bounces and much happiness in the year ahead.

Chatty Crone said...

I was just thinking about a word for myself! lol Glad things seem better Miss Bounce!
Stay warm,
sandie♥

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the shirt and the ring is gorgeous. Happy 2014 to you my friend.

Nonnie said...

Me thinks you got a guy who can never be replaced. So thoughtful to you and happy, happy, happy for you both.
Bounce is a good word. And bouncin' back to God is definitely the best plan.

Joanna Jenkins said...

What a great shirt! And your diamond ring! You totally scored.
So glad Tate was home for the holidays-- that makes it a little extra special.
Bounce is a great word-- very original.
Happy New Year, xo jj

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...