SWEET TEA

Monday, December 30, 2013

Bump-dah-Bump-Bump

Sometimes you can be cruising along, sun shining, radio playing your favorite tunes, THEN  all of a sudden there are some bumps in the road that jar you a bit. Unexpected bumps.  That's what happened to us this past weekend.  Great Christmas.  Great family.  Looking forward to a new year, THEN. . .the unexpected bumps.  Before I continue let me assure you the bumps aren't looking quite so bumpy right now and we're thinking the ride may move forward smoothly.

Maybe.

Sunday morning Mister got out of bed and began getting ready for church, but somewhere in the process his head began to ache and he went back to bed and slept much of the day.  This was his way of dealing with the bump.  I've done this before and if you can find sleep it sometimes does work to ease the tension.

I got ready for church and Mom and I went to church as planned.  We were late.  Very late.  But at least we were there.  After church we went to Mom's favorite place to eat then on to see a funny movie.  We called it our "Girl's Day Out" and didn't get home til 4:00 o'clock.  It was fun and kept my mind (most of the time) off of the bump.  Upon returning home I soon had a splitting headache and sat mindlessly in the recliner the rest of the evening.  Morning dawned as usual today.  We are totally back on schedule and the road doesn't seem nearly so bumpy today.

God is our friend.
Time is our friend.
Speaking of God and time,
here is my prayer for each of us as we begin a new year.

"May we all be blessed with a wonderful 2014
with smooth roads and only enough minor bumps
to keep life interesting."

What do you do when your road 
gets surprisingly bumpy?

What works for you?




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sleep is a good thing to do when feeling ill, and I hope you both feel better soon, you both have a head ache, thats strange, check your carbon monoxide detectors!

Linda said...

I usually go in a stupor.....then I clean house like my hair is on fire!! Hope your bumps smooth out to gentle slopes....soon!

Mari said...

Hope your road is smoothing out! Sleep or staying extra busy is how I deal with those bumps.

Aloha Acres said...

There was a time when would totally have a meltdown when I hit a "bump". Thank God that wisdom comes with age (most of the time).

Now, I sleep when I'm feeling worn down and I pray when I need to be lifted up. :)

Happy New Year, friend!

yaya said...

I'm glad your bump is over and I hope you have a wonderful new year! Jack and I both have been sick this weekend and I'm still feeling crummy. But I keep moving as much as possible and even went to work. They hate it when someone calls in sick on a Monday, Friday or holiday. I'm off the next 2 days and I hope to be better by then. My Mom always said to us when we were sick.."You have 3 days to get well..Jesus rose in three days..so can you!" We always laugh about that!

Relyn Lawson said...

Hello, friend. I wanted to stop by and thank you for being a part of my blog in 2013. You have been a blessing to me. For the coming year, I have a few wishes for you.

May 2014 bring you much joy.
May we all have peace in our homes,
laughter by our firesides,
time spent with family,
and contentment in our hearts.
Be well, my friend.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I don't like those bumps at all, Deb. I just plow through them as best I can. Let's hope that 2014 is NOT a bumpy year! xo Diana

Shirley Sue said...

Sad to say, it seems the older I get the harder I find it to deal with the bumps. I remind myself to breath and that God and time will smooth the bumps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...