SWEET TEA

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home

"Quick.  Get the phone".

We were carrying in bags and luggage after spending the weekend in Tulsa, Okla, when the phone rang.  It was a friend checking to see that we had made it home safely.  We had been slowly and methodically making the drive back to Louisiana (on Monday) having no idea that horrific storms were whirling in the air as we traveled.  The path from Tulsa to our home had been sunny and uneventful.  Me, Mister, Haylee Kate, and Lil' Mama - safely home from a family visit.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 



Some came home Monday.
Many did not.



Please remember to pray.







16 comments:

Parsley said...

I am still stunned...

Cheri said...

This was just horrific, did your family get hit by the tornadoes or are they safe?

Chatty Crone said...

You were blessed. I agree it is so so sad. I'm praying for them too. sandie

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you and your family made it home safely. The devastation in Moore in just awful. We lived there when my youngest daughter was born 36 yrs ago yesterday. Many prayers for those who are suffering.

Deanna said...

I watched in horror yesterday. I'm glad you made it home safely.

yaya said...

This has been the topic of conversation all morning. We are so shocked at the photos and the faces of the people. Keeping the state of Oklahoma in my prayers.

karen said...

So devastating. Happy you arrived home safely, and am praying for those in harm's way.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

So incredibly sad. Breathed prayers for them often since yesterday. So thankful my OKC/Noble friends are all OK.

Rhona said...

Glad you made it home safely. I just saw it on the news this morning. So sad!

Mary said...

Glad you make it home safely. Things can drastically change in the blink of an eye.

nancygrayce said...

Praying for all and so thankful you and your family got home safely!

Nonnie said...

I am thankful your family made it home. No words for describing the tragedy of Moore, OK. I am glad the numbers of lives lost are much less than previously thought, but the devastation for their city and the losses are still too much.

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

So glad you made it home safely!

Linda said...

I was thinking about you! Glad you are safe and hope your mom and sister stay safe!

Annesphamily said...

Such a sad time for Oklahoma. I am always praying. Your post is very touching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...