SWEET TEA

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

GO AWAY!



GO AWAY!
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!!

I opened the back door to let Boudxy out . . .
and what to my wandering eyes did appear,
but thousands of BEES who are not welcome here!


Saturday it was a snake.
And now I find swarming Bees have nested in our grill on the patio, less than 6' from the back door.  YIKES!

I think I can hear some of you saying, "If you don't bother them then they won't bother you."  Right.   NO.CAN.DO.   I decided to call a Bee Keeper and have them removed.  Yes Ma'am, he'd be right out, but he couldn't say how much he'd charge before he came to view our particular swarm.  Price began at $175.

Mister decided he'd rather keep the $175 and deal with the bees himself.  I'm not sure that was the right decision.  After dinner Mister pulled out the high-powered hose nozzle and the battle began.  He sprayed those swarming trespassers, then flipped the grill lid over to find the hive and even more BEES nested inside.    There was a Tsunami of water spewing between Mister and those little invaders.  I'm not convinced that they are gone for good, but guess I'll have to wait until the morning's light to see.  Mister survived with only a wet shirt, and not a single sting. 

I know bees are necessary.
I know they are "good".
But I've got way too much going on to be messin' with a swarm of bees.  They simply came to the wrong place.  Bee-lieve me when I say I'll be hiving none of this. (gotta love a couple of puns)

*the photo is not of our grill, but this is the way the bees looked as I peered at them through the window.  I wouldn't chance it to go outside for a photo.  Yep, I'm a Sissy.



14 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Yikes! That is scary. Your minster is braver than mine. We bit the bullet and had to call the bee guy last summer to get rid of a huge nest we had.

Glad no one got stung!
xo jj

Linda said...

My mother had bees that lived in her chimney years ago. She was in her 70's and we had tried everything! Bombs, etc. The BEE people wouldn't come out of we had used bombs (they wanted the honey combs) but ONE had mercy on her and hauled out 5 HUGE buckets of bee hives/honeycombs!
They smoked them out!!!

acorn hollow said...

wow oh wow I am with your husband I would have taken the hose it does not hurt them and it just moves them on.
Cathy

Bobbie said...

I am soooo with you on this one.. and the snakes too. There is not enough room in my house/yard for both me and bees (or snakes).

Nonnie said...

That is terrifying! A few years ago, we had bees take up residence in our wall between the outside of the house and the sheetrock. We had to have a professional come out. It was very expensive, but the guy took care of the problem. I will have to see if I can find a photo to send you. You don't want to mess around with those bees.
(Your Mister is very brave and he should be very careful.)

Susie said...

I love bees...perferably on flowers. That is a lots of bees. We are having bumble visits....too many. xoxo,Susie

Jeanie said...

You husband is very brave. I opened our grill late last summer and found it full of wasps.....I wasn't quite as brave. I slammed the lid down and ran away. We finally got rid of them, but I think I'm getting a new grill this year.

Mari said...

We had a bee best hanging from our tree in the back yard last year. We couldn't go out without being buzzed. My hubby got it down but it wasn't fun. Hope yours are gone too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We had a swarm a few years ago. They landed on a small palm tree. I googled about it and sometimes as they are trying to find a place to nest they will rest for 72 hours and then move on. That's what our bees did.

Chatty Crone said...

We can't live without bees you know - but why don't they find their own place??? Let us know if they are gone. sandie

Tammy said...

I wouldn't do well with a big swarm of them either and I love honey and I know they're good and all that too. But I'd have paid to have them hauled out, cuz I'm way to chicken to tempt being stung!! Hope you got rid of them. You know you'd think with the bee population having the problems it's having the bee keeper would come get them for freakin free. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Oh mylanta! I would have freaked out! Keep us posted on this saga.

nancygrayce said...

Oh, my!!! I do love my tupelo honey, but I don't want the bees!

yaya said...

I can't believe they charged that much to remove the bees...heck, they get to keep the critters and the honey! I would be freaking out too...I wouldn't go out there either..I hope this is the end of your nature troubles!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...