SWEET TEA

Monday, April 29, 2013

I heart my c_ _ _ _ _ _ t!

I'm a "Crockpot" kind a' girl.
This basically translates into saying I'm a slacker cook of sorts.
Knowing I've got dinner covered regardless of how the day unfolds, makes me feel a little smug happy, so I just have to share this little bit of smug-ness"happy" with you!

Crockpot Tamale Casserole
I heart my crockpot!! This is my newest Crockpot recipe find.  I don't usually post recipes but this was waaay to good not to share.  I made it exactly per the recipe except that I used less corn and added a can of black beans (well-drained).  My family loves Mexican food so I make a variety of Mexican casseroles but this is my new favorite.  I'm gonna be your favorite bloggy friend when you serve this up.

* * * * * * * * * * * * 
Also, in times past I have bought Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, but have never really cared for the taste very much.  I stumbled across this EASY/QUICK recipe  - I love the taste and it's much cheaper than the canned variety.  I make this sauce now and I use it when recipes call for Enchilada Sauce.  BTW, it happens to be vegan & vegetarian, which is a non-issue for us, we just simply like the taste.  Enchilada Sauce Recipe.

11 comments:

Mari said...

This looks like it would be a winner at my house too! Thanks!

Susie said...

Oh..I just grabbed and pen and paper, I was hoping for the recipe to the dish you took a photo of. It looks like something my daughter would want to cook for her family. She uses her crockpot a lot . xoxo,Susie

Mary said...

I saw the title, and thought, "Oh, Lawd! What in the world is she writing about today?!!!" I printed this recipe; it would make a good camping dinner!

Mary said...

Forgot this: You should share more crockpot recipes! I LOVE mine, but don't use it nearly as much as I should!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love my crock pot too! I didn't even have one until a few years ago. I will go check this recipe out, it looks yummy.

Nonnie said...

I heart my crock pot too. I just don't think I have used it to the fullest. Am printing this recipe now because we like Mexican food and easy!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, that looks so yummy! I gave my crockpot away :(
TTFN ~
Marydon

Joyce said...

That looks good! I always make my own enchilada sauce. My mother makes hers and I learned from her. She grew up in Albuquerque so she knows her Mexican food. Thanks for sharing!

Deanna said...

I don't use my crockpot quite as much as I used to when I had kids at home or when I worked but it's still nice to have a few options for those days when I'm out of the house. I'm especially happy about the enchilada sauce recipe. The recipe I made in the past was okay but made a HUGE amount. This looks quick and easily adaptable to our tastes. Can't wait to try it. Oh, and I'll be following your suggestion regarding black beans (probably skip the meat).

karen said...

Oh my - I LOVE new recipes! This one looks good AND easy. My favorite combination.

Chatty Crone said...

That does look delish! sandie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...