SWEET TEA

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NOT REQUIRED!


I was privy to some GREAT relieving news yesterday! If you're squeamish or happen to be a needle-phob like me, you'll get this.  If not, this will seem like a "non-issue" to you, but to me it was BIG news.

I went with DD (dear daughter) to her OB/GYN appointment yesterday.  This was her first appointment with the doctor here, since she was living in TX at the beginning of her pregnancy.  The doctor was going over all the rules/requirements for the next two months.  We thought that DD (and her pregnancy coach = ME) would be required to attend "Epidural Class" that many hospitals require.  I have been dreading this class since I am a "Big Time Fainter".  How embarrassing would it be to faint during this class, especially when I'm not even the Mom-to-be"??!!  Yes.  I have done this sort of thing many times before...Imagine my relief when he said it was "NOT REQUIRED!".  *Insert Happy Dance here!

I'm from the school of thought that sometimes one can actually have too much information.  DD wants the epidural, and knows what/how it's done.  Spare us the pictures and the video of the actual procedure.  I've had them before but don't care to "see" the nitty-gritty!

Pity DD who has me for her labor coach, as I'm not very good "nursing" material.  I think I can do this.  I watched my last child being born (but I'd had some good drugs at that point), and I also saw my youngest granddoll born.  I think I can do this.

With all the adrenaline that comes with the excitement of a birth,
and a good dose of Valium,
I should be "good to go"!

Practicing my deep breathing as I type this.
"Whoo Whoo Hee Hee"

21 comments:

Shelly said...

You will be great! And how wonderful to get to see your new grandoll make his/her first entrance into the world. Whoohooo!

Jeanie said...

I agree that an epidural is a great thing to have but not such a great thing to see. I have a feeling that when the time comes you will do great (and then fall apart once it is all done.) Seriously, you will be a great coach.

Anonymous said...

now this is exciting, I was my daughters labor coach, her boy friend of 7 years had said all along their relationship he did not want children, 7 years in she ( my daughter became pregnant) he left.So it was my daughter and I, I thought for certain I would find this difficult but it was not at all.Best wishes, our daughter had the epidural, easy birth, no troubles at all, our grand daughter Gracie is 3 years old,

My Mind's Eye said...

Exciting to be able to share all of the with DD!! When is her due date!!
Lots of hugs and luck we know you will be a great coach,
Hugs Madi and Mom

Chatty Crone said...

You will do great and do you know what it is yet?

Mari said...

Good news all around! And you'll be a great coach!

Susie said...

I am nervous just reading about it. Good luck to you and your daughter. I was there for all but 4 of my g.kids . The sense of love will soon make all the nervousness easier.xo,Susie

Terra said...

Hey coach, congrats on the soon to be birth.

karen said...

You'll be fine. I think the excitement of the moment will take over and you'll forget to be squeamish. Just concentrate on that great little gift at the end.

Mary said...

YOU.CAN.DO.IT! After YS was born, I had to have a blood patch (because spinal fluid was leaking). CH came close to fainting! :)

NanaDiana said...

LOL- You will do great. I am not the least bit squeamish at all- unless it is on a child...and as long as it is not hurting them I can handle that, too. xoDiana

yaya said...

Our docs hate going to OB to do epidurals..you're not dealing with patients in the best of moods I guess! I know both of you will do good and your daughter will love having you with her. Just remember to relax, enjoy the moment when a new life enters this world..a miracle to behold.

Melanie said...

You will do a fabulous job!! I am happy for you that you don't have to watch that video either!! I empathize, I am a fainter too.

Robin Lambright said...

Well, I am glad you have been spared the drama of the epidural class, I am not at all squimish but I have a sister who struggles with similar issues so I have had to hold her hand many times during similar situations.

Blessings for the expectations of the new baby!

R

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You will do fine.

Rhona said...

I was there when Claire had Alice and it was amazing, so privileged to be part of it. I wasn't in the room when Megan was born but we were there a minute after :) You will be fine and it is amazing (have I said that before ;) ).

Anonymous said...

I wish to start a website where i can put google adds
on, i have 10 dollars to invest and that i understand that
isn't a lot however it is better than those free websites that don't let one does
anything. so how should i begin?.

My page; affordable dental plans
My web blog :: cheap dental plans

nancygrayce said...

When they are actually doing the epidural, stay in front of DD! The last baby, well, the only baby I have actually watched come into the world, I was so amazed....I thought the doctor might ask me to leave when the mama said "I can't! He won't come out!" And this old girl said she really means it, he's not coming out! What a wonderful miracle that a life actually comes out of our bodies! You'll do just fine!

Bobbie said...

Great news! Good luck with all that! DD is blessed to have you for a mom!

Sush said...

Hey Friend...finally able to get back to your land of Sweet Tea. The voluntary hiatus turned into a forced one with the death of my aged laptop. Now I'm back on the 'blog' roll and looking forward to sharing in your upcoming joy!
Hugs~

Nel said...

You will make a great coach! She is lucky to have you! However I am with you on the needle thing... I get a little light headed also!
until next time...nel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...