SWEET TEA

Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Night Live!

Princess went to bed at 8:20.

Mister went to bed at 9:00.

Heck, even Boudxy is sound asleep!


I got out of the shower and yelled into the snoozing house,
"I'm clean! I'm clean!
Over, under, and in-between"
Yes, I say that every night, and every night Princess and Mister react as though they've just heard me say it for the first time.  They laugh and pretend I'm quite the comedian, which is one of the reasons I love them so!  Tonight my little shout of humor fell on sleeping ears.  Ah well, tomorrow I'll say it twice!


Actually it's kind of nice.
Everyone is snugged in and accounted for and I get some "me" time.
I've donned clean pj's and fuzzy socks.
"Beauty" rules, while the Beasts are asleep!"

Another quiet winter's night.

18 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I know the feeling you are describing soooooooooooooo well!

Linda said...

I know how you feel!! I LOVE it when Louis Dean goes to bed and I can stay up ALONE and play my word games (with YOU!) or read or just BE!!
Enjoy yourself! It won't last long!!

PS I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you're holding up!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I love that quiet 'me' time that happens in my house too, everyone is asleep and I can do whatever suits me.
Joy

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love nights like that- and that is QUITE a poem! lol xo Diana

Melanie said...

That never happens to me, I am jealous!!!

acorn hollow said...

It sounds wonderful
Cathy

Anonymous said...

you always make me smile, have a wonderful day sweet lady,

Jeanie said...

Clean time, "me" time and fuzzy socks....it doesn't get better than that.

Sunny Simple Life said...

It's the holidays. It kicks all our butts around here. We are still recouping.

Susie said...

When I read"everyone tucked in and accounted for"...my gosh, that is exactly how I would feel when my family was safe and warm at home. I remember getting up early on Saturday mornings and drinking my coffee by the window where I could smell the neighbor's lilacs..my daughters would be sleeping in and I would feel so content. xoxo,Susie

yaya said...

Ha! I fell asleep on the couch and Jack woke me up at 8:15pm..sent me to bed..I woke up this morning at 8:15am..yep, I think I'm rested!

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

Dang I wish i could go to bed that early that would be awesome. but sadly I have nights every night where i'm now seeing 3 am more often and it totally sucks

My Mind's Eye said...

Beauty rules while beast are asleep you are a funny lady and I love your I'm clean song!!
Hugs C

nancygrayce said...

Ah, quiet time!

Norma said...

My quiet me time is early in the morning when everyone is still sleeping. I get up, come downstairs, make a cup of coffee and read.......bliss. The rest of the time there are always bodies around. Enjoy while it lasts.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love those nights.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I get too many of these nights living alone. But glad u enjoyed your quiet time.
Happy New Year
Love
Maggie

Jill said...

So sweet! hope your year is off to a great start!

blessings,
jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...