SWEET TEA

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Not all sweet things are fattening. YEA!

I DID IT!
I managed to get into the attic and get down some Christmas clutter decorations!  Usually Princess climbs into the attic to retrieve the Christmas stuff and she hands it off to me while I'm posed on the ladder and then I hand it off to Mister who is waiting at the bottom of the ladder to catch us if we should fall - it's our system and we do it this way every year...However, since Mister has bad knees and Princess is "with child" I just wasn't sure we'd be able to pull it off this year.  But, somehow I managed to hoist myself into the attic in search of the Christmas goods, and it went off without a hitch or a trip to the ER. 
Woo Hoo!
* * * * * * * * * * *
Oldest daughter went into Panera Bread last week and placed her lunch order "to go".  When she went to pay the cashier she was told that her order had been paid by the customer who went before her.  Daughter actually talked with her benefactor and the woman told her each December she made it a practice to do a Random-Act-Of-Kindness each week, and daughter had been the recipient for the current week.  Isn't that sweet?  Daughter was taking soup into her grandmother/my Mom for lunch.  One good deed seemed to beget another.  Doncha' just love that?!

* * * * * * * * * * *
Last night was Mister's company Christmas party.  I'd rather have stayed home in my pj's eating "shoestring soup" than go to this, but I knew he wanted to go, and being the saint that I am, I glitzzed up a bit and we went to the party.  We signed in and were given a $50 gift card (just for showing up), then later in the evening there was a drawing (one of many) and Mister won another $50 gift card.  I'm finding sainthood really pays off!.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I've taken you down quite a rocky path with me lately,  so I wanted to be sure to tell you about some of the sweet things (and there are many) that have come along too.  I hope there are many sweet things in your life and that even more of the "sweet stuff" is in your future.





12 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Yay for getting the decorations down..you were a woman on a mission
what a wonderful paneta story.
The soup is vegetarian bean and very good. Would you like the recipe?

PS
I HAVE MISSED YOU
HUGS
C

Mari said...

I love all the sweet things! Yay for your nice winnings!

Mary said...

Karma...sometimes she's nice! :)

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I am with you- I drag myself with leaden feet to those company "do's" and I am usually surprised by what a good time I have. Glad Princess seems to be doing okay and I am glad you got Christmas going with no ER trips- xo Diana

Jeanie said...

Nothing to smooth a rocky path like a little Christmas spirit. Good for you for getting the decorations down.....and moving forward.
I love the Panera story....especially since your daughter was getting the soup to take it to your mom.

Bobbie said...

Glad to hear all is going well! Today I had a really 'sweet' thing happened. Our Summer turned 1 year old. Time sure does fly!

yaya said...

I love the acts of kindness gal...that's such a great thing to do! Since hubby is self employed we're spared the party scene..but if he would give me a $50 gift card I'd show up all by myself! Glad you got lucky this week...too bad it wasn't that huge lottery win!

Tammy said...

The random act of kindness was awesome, I might try that, I like the thought of making someone's day. Sounds like the christmas party was a good thing, but like you, i'd rather stay home in my pj's than go to a party.

Marsha Young said...

Good deeds abounding all over the place ... AND no broken bones from climbing a ladder and getting into the attic.

Lady - you must be living right. And I am sure you are.
Blessings to you - Marsha

Unknown said...

Love those random acts of kindness ... we always feel so good when we do them. PIF!

Hope hubby is doing better.

TTFN ~
Merry Christmas
Marydon

Anonymous said...

Was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Glad you are trying to keep a little tradition in life when things are so hard on many fronts. I've found it's healthy to keep going forward, to keep on with traditions and decorations, even in a small scale, to show your family life. goes. on. with the grace and strength from the Lord.

Even as I say that, I have to admit, I am ready to close the book on 2012 and look forward to a fresh start.

Praying for you, Sweetie Sweet Tea!

mommamindy.wordpress.com

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Glad you were able to get your Christmas Decorations without any mishaps. We need you to stay healthy for the holidays.
Thats one of the things I hate about being alone is getting down decorations or hanging lights.
So nice to read about the act of kindness. My daughter and I try to do this during the holidays too and it brings us more joy than the recipants. lol
I am like YaYa for fifty dollar gift I would show up too. haha
Glad you were able to come by and enter my giveaway. Good luck honey
Love
Maggie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...