SWEET TEA

Friday, June 1, 2012

Headin' to a Weddin'


Today we load up the car and head back to Oklahoma. It's gonna be a BIG weekend, an especially important weekend - our oldest son is getting married.  We are so happy for him.  And so pleased to be adding a new member to our family. 
When a child marries it changes the entire dynamics of the extended family, just as it does when a  baby is born into the family.  I enjoy having our family grow.  Our new daughter-in-law will bring a new dimension to us and we are excited and happy about this.

Geez Louise, I'm nauseatingly serious
aren't I?! 
(clearing my throat)

I've got my "Mother of the groom" dress.
I've got my Spanx (to help me hold it all together).
Did I mention I'm allergic to Spanx?
Yes I am, which just goes to show
you what I am willing to do
to look a few pounds thinner.

I may be red and "hivey" later
but a girl's gotta do
what a girl's gotta do.
Can I get an AMEN?

You can be sure I'll return with
lots of photos, cause you know
that's how I roll!
(hopefully I won't lose my
camera on this trip)

* * * * * * * * * *


And, as if  a wedding is not enough
excitement, we will also be
celebrating my Mom's 83rd
Birthday this weekend!!

All these great occassions include
cake - I'm gonna need to buy
a larger size of Spanx if all
this partying continues. . .

I am gonna have so much
to tell you when I get home!

17 comments:

Shelly said...

What an amazing weekend you have ahead- and here's hoping you don't come back all red and hivey~

momof3feistykids said...

What a wonderful weekend -- you'll be creating so many memories. Wishing your son and his bride a lifetime of joy.

Anonymous said...

tie that camera around your neck, I can't wait to see all the photos!!!!
Have a wonderful time, congratulations to your son and Happy Birthday to your Mum!

Jeanie said...

Wow, that is a lot of excitement. Enjoy every minute of the festivities. Congratulations to your son and to your mom.

karen said...

Awww congratulations to your family on two happy events! Perhaps your Spanx will take pity on you on such a happy occasion. Ain't it the truth about great family events and lots of eating! I've had way too much lately, and now here comes my daughter and her family tomorrow! I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just hoping the little girls keep me moving more than usual!

yaya said...

This is BIG! When a kiddo gets married it's usually surrounded by crazy schedules, dress rehearsals, etc..but then when it's in another state it gets even more crazy. I hope you have a blast and congrats to the Bride and Groom! Good luck with a girls best friend..spanx, not diamonds..

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

What a great weekend you will have. exhausting I think, but full of hugs and stories and pictures. I'm anxiously waiting to hear about it and see the pics.

You reminded me I need to buy apair of Spanx for my trip to Florida next week. I've never worn them so this will be intersting.

Nonnie said...

I love weddings!! Sounds like a weekend filled with love and great joy! Congratulations to all!!

NanaDiana said...

I hope you have a wonderful time. Congratulations to your son and your new dil. It sounds like he picked a winner!
Happy Birthday to your Mom, too. Enjoy every moment you can with her- xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

This is huge - and an amen to you - but no spanx for me. lol Happy birthday to your mother. sandie

Sandra said...

So exciting for you, I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Jill said...

Congratulations to your son and happy birthday to your mom! Sounds like quite a busy weekend ahead!
Enjoy!!!

blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

Wow! So many wonderful things to celebrate! You're going to be gorgeous as a mother of the bride. Can't wait to see pictures.

Simple Home said...

I hope everything goes wonderfully! We're going to be doing the same thing later this month. I've got to find some of that Spanx :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Jo said...

Congratulations to to the whole family! Sounds like a busy weekend.

My Mind's Eye said...

What a wonderful weekend you have.
When we tried to get on your blog on Wed. or Thursday, I rec'd a great big Warning from McAfee my virus software that there were problems and advised me to to visit. Geez I missed my sip of Sweet Tea a bunch. Glad things are ok. Looking forward to hearing all about the weekend,
Congrats to the happy couple and to your Mom on her B-day.
Hugs Madi and Mom

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

A wedding how fun. I know you will have a wonderful time. The cake is yummy looking. Did you make it? ....or buy it? Please be careful on your trip to Oklahoma. Best wishes to you son and his new wife.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...