SWEET TEA

Sunday, June 17, 2012

10:10

I'm posting this at 10:10 am.

I enjoy the times I glance at the clock and notice the numbers have repeated or are in a sequence of some type.  You know, 11:11,  12:34,  5:55, that sort of thing.  I think it was the movie, "Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud" that talked about this very thing, saying it was good to let this serve as a visual reminder to pause and remember those we love who have passed.

This thought has stayed with me.

It's one of those "little things" that bring me joy as I'm doing life each day.  

Today many of us are enjoying/remembering our Dad, and we need no reminder on this special day.  Here is my Dad as a young man.  This is my favorite photo of him.  He would have turned 92 tomorrow, June 18.  He always said he was gonna live to be 100, and he is, except he is living in Heaven now and enjoying his new body.

"Moon"


13 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a sweet tribute to a wonderful man - your father. Love, sandie

Anonymous said...

beautiful just beautiful, handsome man as well!

Sunny Simple Life said...

What a lovely tribute to your daddy. I miss mine terribly too. He has been gone 10 years this summer. I would love to see his pink face and bright blue eyes again.

Joy Tilton said...

Sweet memories spoken aloud keep them alive in our hearts. My Dad would have been 91 this year...

NanaDiana said...

Bless you- I know you are missing your Dad today; as I am missing my own. xo Diana

Susan said...

What a sweet post. I am also remembering the strong male figures that helped make me who I am. Happy Father's Day (in heaven)to them all.

Melanie said...

Sweet post!!!! I enjoyed reading it! My heart knows that the time is drawing near for ny own precious Daddy, but plan to enjoy some time with him this afternoon. he won't remember it but I will!

Bobbie said...

I have watched that movie 4 times and cried every single time. This was a very nice tribute to your Dad, a handsome man!!

Aloha Acres said...

What a great way to remember your dad.

Shelly said...

What a lovely tribute to a great dad!

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful picture of your dad all handsome.
My dad too is in heaven
Cathy

yaya said...

Happy Father's Day to your Dad..I'm sure even in Heaven a celebration is going on for all the great Dads that are watching their kids from above. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and a pic of your handsome Dad.

Sandra said...

That happens to me a lot, looking at the clock and seeing the exact numbers LOL

What a sweet post, sounds like you had a wonderful, handsome father :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...