SWEET TEA

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our bite of "The Big Apple"!

We're home from NYC!
I have so much to tell you but won't dump it all on you in this post.
Here are some highlights of what we saw. 
The view of Time Square from our hotel window.


We loved taking the bus tour of the city - would
highly recommend it.


$ $ $ $ $
Apartment buildings were everywhere.
What surprised us the most was that from
the exterior of the buildings there was little
difference in the high-dollar and the tenement
apartments.  So obviously all the difference
was on the interior. 


The Brooklyn Bridge


She was not as tall as I expected,
but she was awe-inspiring
and something I had wanted to see
my entire life.


We went to "Good Morning America"
and managed to get front & center.
That's me behind the red sign,
our granddoll beside me holding the red sign,
and Princess peering over my shoulder.


The girls got their photo taken with
Maria Menounos

AND

Lara Spencer.


I don't remember the name of this building but it is
the one that is often show in "Law and Order".


I loved Central Park so had to have a photo taken there.
Do you see me?  (This is my chamelion pose.)
I loved the contrast between the concrete and bustle
of the city, and the green, peaceful serenity of the park.


"STOMP" was even better than we had anticipated.
(me, Princess, Granddoll)


Time Square at night.
It totally reminded me of Las Vegas.

This is just a tiny over-view of our
New York experience.
Such fun!






24 comments:

Parsley said...

Oh WOW! Looks like you had a super fun time and are 'famous' for being on camera!

I've reopened my blog and had really missed your posts while away.

Mari said...

Wow! What an amazing trip! I love that you made it on GMA, and it looks like you had lots of fun stops.

Jeanie said...

What a great time and you got some really good pictures. I'll look forward to hearing more.

nancygrayce said...

Oh, what fun!!!! Wow, Lara Spencer is talllll......how exciting that you got right up front!!

Rhona said...

Loved the photos and brought back so many memories of when I went to NY. Almost makes me want to go back again ;o) Looking forward to seeing more xx

Handsome's wife said...

Love the photos and I have so many questions! I'll wait for you to post more before I start bugging ya.

Unknown said...

It is an amazing, intriguing & interesting city. So glad you had a grand time.
Have a wonderful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Elizabeth said...

I live in Ma. and have been to NYC a number of times. Before you left, you asked what you should see....and I was gonna tell you not to be disappointed by the size of the Statue of Liberty. It certainly isn't as big as we all think it is from seeing it in pictures or on TV.
So glad you had a good trip :)

Nonnie said...

Glad you had a good time with your family. Looks like you packed it in! I loved Central Park. Look forward to hearing more.

Unknown said...

Ues, they are all my own flowers in my gardens ... just a mere few. TY for visiting ...

My ancestors are one of the original petitioners to Gov. Peter Stuyvesant to form the city of Brooklyn. Just a tidbit to share ...

TTFN ~
Marydon

Abi's Blog said...

Loved your pictures - I'm continuing to work on mine and will share some soon.
blessings,
ava

NanaDiana said...

I am so glad you had such a good time. I KNEW you would. I, too, thought the Statue of Liberty would be larger...but it IS awesome. I look like you girls had a wonderful time. xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

I watch GMA every day and I didn't see you - of course I didn't know to look! I love that show! It looks like you all had a GREAT time!
Love, sandie

karen said...

What a great trip! I'm glad you saw so many great things and were able to share it all with your granddaughters. Great fun, isn't it?
I watch the Today Show so I missed you on GMA but it's fun to see how it's all done, isn't it? We went to Rockefeller Center when there and did the Today Show thing. So much to see and do - you need about 3 weeks to see it all! Did you make it to the 9/11 Memorial?

Linda said...

GREAT!!! I have been looking forward to this post!! MORE! We want MORE pics!!!

SO happy you got to go and SO happy you had a good time. SO happy you are now HOME!!

Jill of All Trades said...

What fun!

Joyce said...

I love the view from that hotel...I'm glad you stayed there and hope it worked out well. Looks like you squeezed in plenty. Central Park is my favorite part of the city. I think : )

My Mind's Eye said...

Yay for such a fun trip. Looks is if I have some catching up to do. I didn't realize you had posted from NYC. Visiting GMA and meeting the cast must have been very exciting.
Great pictures of you all too!!
Now off to catch up.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Anne said...

Thanks for posting about New York.My husband and myself have had some lovely holidays there and it brought back lovely memories X

Rick Watson said...

I love New York. It's been too long since we've been there.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

OH what a great trip! I have always wanted to see these exact same spots you showed us. Especially the Statue of Liberty. Like you I have wanted to see it all my life.
Can't believe you got right up front on GMA. Great picture too. You must of been beside yourself the whole trip.
Can't wait to hear more about it.
Love
Maggie

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I have never been to NY but it sounds like so much fun. How long did you wait while at GMA? What did the red sign say?

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Wow you really packed a lot into the trip so far. I am playing "catch up" on my reading. I have been a fan of Lara Spencer since she was on The Antique Roadshow and Maria won me over on DWTS. I've never been to NYC. It's on my list.

Janie Fox said...

Oh I love NYC. You are too cute. That frozen hot chocolate sounded good but I think you couldnt beat a Wendy's Frostie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...