SWEET TEA

Saturday, May 26, 2012

BananaRanaDiana

Edited to add the update to a previous post, "Mean Girls".   My Granddoll received a call today saying "the pants came through the family laundry".  Don't know if it was the daughter or the Mom who called, but either way, the pants have found their way home.  Problem resolved.

Now, on to a much happier subject -

Look what I came home to find!
Do you see it?

Don'cha just love to get mail?!
We were so EXCITED!


...and I do mean "we"!


Awwwww, a beautiful card on
the very top.  I knew this was
gonna be good!

It's exactly what I thought it would be. . .


Goofy, Funny, Witty, Silly,
Sweet Nana Diana gave me this
because I gave birth to a baby boy
in 1973.  She is "that kind of girl" and if
you don't know her you need to jump to her
blog and sign on to "FOLLOW" 'cause she is
a "Hoot & a Holler", and you know you don't
want to miss out on something/someone
like that!


Here is the lovely plate in it's new home.
From Wisconsin to Louisiana ,
"Thank You, sweet Bloggy Friend"!


And just as I was taking the packing out of the
box, look what I found!
She knows I have a sweet tooth.
(I had to quickly take this photo
before I "snarffed" these babies down!)

* * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is a photo of me and my first son.
(taken last Christmas)
Just a bit of trivia - He was born on May 10, 1973.
I weighed 113 lbs when I gave birth to him.
He weighed 8lb 8 oz.
"Believe it or Not"!




10 comments:

yaya said...

In this day of email and computer friends it's really fun to get actual snail mail..letter or package...it just feels so good for some reason! What a fun gift. So thoughtful. I have a son born on May 9th...a great Mother's Day gift! (1980) My first son weighed 2lbs..I weighed 119. Those were the days...he grew and sadly so did I! Plus now I'm only 5'51/2..lost an inch somewhere..I think it's on my waist. Dang it!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful photo of you and son, Nana Diana is one of my best blogging buddies, she has been through thick and thin with me, without her support I'm not saure I would have started this new blog, and you, I love your blog because its honest, you are an inspiration, so honest and up front, and sooooo funny! I have read your blog and it makes me laugh and sometimes it makes me cry and thats the way it should be, life is like that and you always keep it real.Thankyou for finding my new blog and for following me,

NanaDiana said...

Ah....I love ya! I am so glad you liked the plate. It was fun to pass a collection along to those that it would mean something to...and look at that "kid" of yours. Lord love him, he is a doll...and at least twice your size!!!

We are awaiting the birth of our youngest son's baby in the next few days. He lives just down the road from us and we can't wait.

HA! I just read Laurie's comment and I can see I have HER fooled big time!

Have a wonderful, wonderful Memorial Day weekend- xo Diana

Tracy said...

Yes, I do love to get e-mail and the plate was a lovely gift. I collect plates and the Hummel plates are valuable...neat plate! The photo of you and your son is priceless!

Sandra said...

Oh I love getting mail. I feel like we only get junk mail and bills anymore, so anytime a nice package or letter shows up it's extra special :)

I'm going to go over and add Nana Diana to my reader :)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Isn't it great to get those fun packages from our friends. I love Nana Diana and she does have that kind of heart.
Love that pic of you and your son...thats how I look standing next to mine.
Hope your having a great weekend
Love
Maggie

My Mind's Eye said...

Very very interesting about the grand doll's pants finding their way home.
Hopefully they were just picked up by mistake as everyone packed to go home after the slumberless party.

What a lovely and 'sweet' surprise in honor of Mother's Day. Your first son is most handsome!! Well done Mom
Hugs Madi and Mom

Unknown said...

I will make sure I go visit your sweet blog friend. 113 when you had him? Oh, good grief! I also, am very happy to hear the pants are finding their way back 'home'. :)

bj said...

Nana and I are good bloggy friends, too.
She is such a sweetie and such a nut. :)
Adorable gift to you from her. ;0)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

How do you add people to blogger now. i dont get the follow thing where it use to be in the corner. so i'm not sure how to add people can u help?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...