SWEET TEA

Saturday, March 31, 2012

When good ideas go bad.

What a mess I made!

I redid the mantle and it looked
pretty good, so I decided to
do what I keep reading about,
"shopping in your own house".


I took things from different walls
in the house and tried to put
them different places to give things
a somewhat new look. 

How did such a great and grand idea
go bad?

I've seen others (in Blogland) do this
with great success.  But, it's totally
not workin' for me.  What I've ended up
with is naked walls and a mess of things
thrown up on the kitchen table and propped
up around the room.  Things are in such
disarray that we ate dinner in the
dining room (rather than the kitchen),
simply because we couldn't get to the
kitchen table.  My bad.


I'm making an emergency run to
Hobby Lobby tomorrow.  I've got my
40% off coupon and I'm geared up
to use it.

Shopping from your "own walls" is not
nearly as fun as shopping the usual way
and it takes a LOT more energy and
designing skill than I've got.

If I can remember where everything was
I need to put everything back in place -
if not guess we'll be having a garage sale soon
then yet another run to Hobby Lobby.

I'm trying to remember why I thought
this was a good idea to begin with.

13 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I do that from time to time myself...and usually end up putting everything back where it was...or near there.

Shelly said...

Yes, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Cheri said...

Been there..done that. I am with ya...Hobby Lobby or any other store that can help me. I still have things packed from when we moved a year ago and some pictures on the floor of the coat closet.

karen said...

Nothing ever seems like a bad idea until you try to implement it. But I say it's always good to try! I've been like you, and had some failures, but I've had some pretty good successes too so never say die. I have to confess that I really do like to see things repurposed from time to time.

Nel said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that has happened too. It just always seems like such a good idea, but never quite comes together. Maybe hidden in the recesses of our mind we actually want new stuff but we don't feel quite so guilty if we try something else first... sounds good...lolol
until next time... nel

Joanna Jenkins said...

Been there, done that-- Prefer shopping in a store :-)

Good luck redecorating.

xo jj

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and used my 40 percenter! I love that place!!!

I only think about remodeling here and there...I don't actually attempt it.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I didn't think Hobby Lobby was opened on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

oooo, Hobby Lobby, I like the sound of that, we don't have that one,,,can't wait to see what you bring home.

Unknown said...

You my dear sweet friend, make me smile!!! I have 'been there and done that' many a time!!! Ha. Good luck at Hobby Lobby!

The Old Dairy said...

Hahahaha you do make me laugh...and yes I too have had stuff all over the kitchen table as I'm moving things around....

Bobbie said...

Have fun at the Hobby Lobby. I love that place.. though we don't have one around here.

Robin said...

Girl, I am the same way. I've tried moving stuff around and it always, without fail, looks horrible! That's why the majority of my walls are still undecorated (after living here 4 years) and I have tons of "things" sitting in the floor and in the closet. I need an intervention. HAHA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...