SWEET TEA

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I've been given "the bird"!

There are birds.


And there are BIRDS!!



This is the McMansion Summer home that a bird
built in my venting.

It cost me $80 to have a Chimney Sweep
clear my "on the top of the house"
dryer vent and install a screen over it.


He tells me birds that do this
(can't remember the type he named)
are migrating birds.  They have left for the
winter but will return each Spring.
He tells me once they nest,
they come again & again & again. . .

"Birdie, Birdie, fly far, far away.
Mama's got no more money
to spend on you today"
by SWEET TEA


11 comments:

Hospitable Scots Bachelor said...

Love your love birds!!

Jeanie said...

We have a retractable awning that we haven't used for years because every year there is a birds nest built in it. By the time they leave it is past the time of year that we really need it.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Something else I never knew. Expensive bird nest.
-Joy

Anonymous said...

could you put some sort of chicken wire over the vent to keep them out,,

Jill said...

Awwww so sweet! :-) Gotta love them birds;-) Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

yaya said...

I was going to say "Awww, poor birdies"..then I realized they were smarter than me. They are in the warm south and I'm here freezing!

Chatty Crone said...

I love that bird with the yellow beak - and you messed up his home - can't believe you didn't want a fire in your fireplace! teehee sandie

NanaDiana said...

Gotta love those birds. So...are they a "dirty birdy" then? xo Diana

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Birds that migrate....and all the rest do leave messes when they build their homes and then abandon them.

My Mind's Eye said...

OH my gosh I had no idea birds would build a nest there.Thank goodness you found it before you used your fireplace.
Hugs C

Mary said...

Oh boy! Something to look forward to! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...