SWEET TEA

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Big "D"!



Last weekend was Mister's belated b-day trip
to "The Big D" - Dallas.  
It was a "Need to Know" themed weekend
so he had no idea what we had planned
until it was time to drive there by putting the
address into the Garmin.

Saturday was sunny, brisk, cold and be-U-ti-ful!
We spent a good long while at the
Dallas Arboretum.
Who knew there was so-much-pretty
to be seen this time of year!



















*Some Friends we met along our way!*







This little Christmas "friend" was in the Gift Shop.

*Tomorrow*
some of the other things
we saw & did
on our weekend away.




11 comments:

Sush said...

Sure was a wonderful birthday surprise! I can see the joy on everyone's face.
Hugs~

My Mind's Eye said...

We're glad you were able to keep the Big D surprise!! What a lovely destination. I've never been to Texas..just the airport in Huston on the way back from Hawaii.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Mac Coy said...

Pretty pictures, Wish I lived somewhere around that area.

yaya said...

So pretty! What a great place to visit. How fun to make it a surprise! Happy Birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

Oh the pretty pictures, make me long for spring already.lol. I like the picture of the family with your Christmas pals.Happy birthday to your sweetheart.:):) Susie

nancygrayce said...

What a wonderful birthday surprise! I love the pictures....that was indeed a beautiful, peaceful place!

I've been having trouble getting onto your blog lately....who knows why......I think I need a mine sweeper to clean up my hard drive!

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you were able to surprise him and had such a good time. It looks like a great place.

karen said...

What a great time! Don't you just love sneaking away for a little change of scenery?

Chatty Crone said...

That was a great trip - was hubby surprised - he didn't know anything?

Looks like you had a good time - love old Rudolph!

sandie

Rick Watson said...

Wow! Very nice. I love surprises like that. There was a photo of a bench in one of the photos that looked like home to me.

Simone said...

You're so creative in surprises! Looks like it was a great birthday! Loved the fall colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...