SWEET TEA

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Psychology 101


I've been thinking. . .

I've never worked in a grocery store
but perhaps I should.  I can amuse|
myself for long periods of time by
watching what people put into their
shopping buggies.


Maybe this is not the norm, but
you can learn a lot about people
by their shopping habits and if
you're stuck in a long line
waiting. . .it's a great way to
quietly become acquainted with
other shoppers, in  a bit of a
strange and judgemental way.

A buggie full of multiple packs
of TP, diapers, and macaroni:
"probably someone shopping
for a daycare center".

Lots of Beer and wine products:
"Lush".

Chips, Peanuts, Pretzels, Salsa,
canned soda, paper cups:
"Party at their house".

Lean Cuisine TV dinners,
lettuce, diet soda, fruit:
Dieter - usually a single woman.

Maybe I'm onto something that could
be a new, exciting career path -
Grocery Psychologist!

15 comments:

Aloha Acres said...

:) I think you're on to something!

Mari said...

I think you're right! I've observed other peoples carts as well, and then wondered what people thought when they looked at mine.

Marsha Young said...

Grocery psychologist! I love it. :)

Mimi said...

I always check out people carts to see if they look like the "match" the way the person looks, lol!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Now I'm going to start paying more attention to other shoppers. You've got me curious.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I've done that - watched other people's carts.

Kimmy said...

LOL! That's funny but so true. I've done that before.

BTW...it's cute you call shopping carts "buggies"...LMBO!!!!

Robin said...

That sounds like a great plan! I do that all the time too!!

Shelly said...

I'm the nosy type, so I always try to steal a peak at what's in other people's carts. It's free entertainment!

NanaDiana said...

Oh Yeah- I can invent a whole story to follow the person with the cart! I love airports for that same reason! xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

Now I never have thought of that - bit what a great idea. You're good too. sandie

Sush said...

Yes...and I make a whole story line to go with the people and their cart. My kids think I'm nuts when I tell them my make believe story!

Hugs~

yaya said...

I love watching people's carts...only don't check mine out! I get a bit guilty when the M&M peanuts are there..in the large size...The other night I was at Wal-Mart and the lady behind me was putting her stash on the register behind my stash..she was stacking butter..and stacking and stacking. I was trying not to look since she was behind me, but I finally just had to turn full on. She had 70lbs of butter! She saw my sly but weird expression and explained it was for a church project of making cookies...sure lady..whatever.

karen said...

Oh, you are the person that is the bane of my husband's existence. He hates it when people take notice and comment on what's in his cart. Me? I couldn't care less! I've had some things in my cart that made me wonder what the checker was thinking about me.

Stephanie said...

*Smile* I think there may be a career in that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...