SWEET TEA

Friday, November 4, 2011

Johnny Appleseed


I don't like to "name drop"
but Johnny Appleseed
 is a good friend of mine
and he gave me this great recipe
which is way too good
to keep to myself.
This recipe has only TWO (2) ingredients
and is a no-brainer to fix.
It is wonderful straight-from-the-pan
and needs no frosting,
however,
if you want to be a real Show-Off
you can top it with a dollop of Cool Whip
then sprinkle the Cool Whip with a tiny
bit of cinnamon.
Beautiful & Yummy!


Johnny Appleseed Cake

Ingredients:
   Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
   1 can Apple Pie Filling.

1.  Combine the 2 ingredients
     (No water, No eggs, No oil)
2.  Mix well with a mixer - batter will be very thick.
3.  Pour into a greased/floured  9X13 pan
     and bake according to directions on cake box.

19 comments:

Shelly said...

I am going to try this!

Lisa said...

Yum...that sounds good! I'm going to give it a try too. Thanks for sharing.

Sush said...

Off to the grocery store! Thanks!!!!

Jeanie said...

This is my kind of recipe. My eyes sometimes roll back in my head when I read some recipes that sound really good but have a list of ingredients as long as my arm.

Mary said...

So easy, even a caveman could do it! Sounds like a good dessert for a cool fall evening!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Wow, 2 things! That's easier than shortbread cookies. I've got to try it.

Susie said...

Wow, sweet and easy....I'll be making that for my sisters when we get together. Thank you, smiles, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Now two things I like - easy and delicious - both checks. sandie

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh that sounds like a delicious fall dessert.
Hugs Madi and Mom

karen said...

Oh, YUM! Now THAT is comfort food!

Mari said...

Sounds easy and good!

yaya said...

Johnny Appleseed is very well known in my part of the country...he has his own festival here...and his own outdoor theater..and our Boy Scout council is called "The Johnny Appleseed Council"...but I've never eaten his cake and boy I plan to try it this weekend! Anything that easy is a shame to pass up...thanks for sharing!

Janie Fox said...

I make this only with a can of pumpkin. It is great. I'll have to try this version!!

Stephanie said...

That looks yummy! :-) I'm a great believer that any educational experience can be enhanced with the right kind of food. Especially cake.

Jo said...

I will try that one sounds Yummy. Johnny Appleseed was right on. Love your blog.

Jane said...

I'm definitely going to make this, Debbie. Thanks for sharing!

Kimmy said...

Oh yum! I'm gonna have to try this! It's actually VERY similar to my Pumpkin muffins. I actually blogged about it last year:

http://ourlifesjourney02.blogspot.com/2010/12/25-days-of-christmas-day-10.html

Now I have a new recipe! Thanks!!! :o)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good one - need to make it. With the cool whip and cinnamon.
- Joy

Annesphamily said...

Yum! We use to make these cakes when I did lots of Princess House shows! You can do chocolate devils food with canned cherry pie filling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...