SWEET TEA

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I.Am.A.Police.Magnet.

Yes.  Today I had yet another
brush with the law,
almost a month exactly since my
I have now declared myself
a "police magnet", of sort.

I was dressed in my painting garb,
with newspapers spread
all over the kitchen floor,
as I painted my ORANGE
table.  (more about that later)

There was a knock at the door.
Princess peeked out the front window
and said, "It's the Cops".

REALLY??

I opened the door just a tiny bit,
to keep our dog from escaping.

It seems there had been a
"911 hang-up"
from our home.


(Now I will admit to having
a few hang-ups,
but I sure didn't call anyone
to talk about 'em.)

He asked if all was OK.  It was.
Then he explained that he was
required to make a "walk-thru"
of the house to be sure there wasn't
a hostage situation.

I let him in and together
we (me, Princess, dog, and policeman)
trapsed through the house, room to room.
If I'd known he was coming I would
have put on a bra.
Really.  I would have.
Can you say,
"thin, white, paint-spattered, tee shirt"
3 times?!

He sumised (is that a word?)
the call had been a false alarm
that "just happens sometimes".

The "back up car" pulled up
in front of the house
as he was walking out the
front door.

Let it be noted that Princess
tried to convince him that she was
being held hostage as a homeschool
student - but he didn't buy her story.

* * * * * * * * * *
Now about my ORANGE
table painting project -
that's a story for yet
another day.

* * * * * * * * * *

I will also try to get a photo of my
haircut, but really it's pretty much
like my profile photo.






21 comments:

Mari said...

That's crazy! I guess they need to be sure everythings ok though. And after all - you are pretty suspicious looking!

Aloha Acres said...

Those hostage homeschoolers! LOL Too Funny!

Rhona said...

I did have to laugh at this one - I was sure it would be a motoring incident - lol! How funny!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I don't think I'd like a walk through...unless, of course, I was in a hostage situation. But...if he didn't have his gun drawn and walk through in search mode like they do on NCIS, wouldn't he find himself a hostage as well? Hmmmm

Now about that homeschool-hostage you've been holding...I was once held hostage at a private school for two years....I do understand her "plight."

Sush said...

I say you've made the police blog as to how lovely and 'whimsical' you are and they will continue to make a beeline to your door...and going braless didn't hurt the legend...
Just saying~

nancygrayce said...

I wish my hair was still like my profile picture...:(

I've had to do that walk through when my MIL's burglar alarm went off. It was a short or something but they still do the walk through. I would have had to ask them to wait until I could run in and dust! :)

Jeanie said...

I had that happen to me once. It felt pretty weird, but I guess it is good idea that they do it. I was home alone, but he made pretty sure that I wasn't hiding someone in a closet.

NanaDiana said...

LOL-Well, thank the good Lord you weren't paintig in Saran Wrap to try and save your TShirts! xo Diana

karen said...

At least you had pants on. When I'm working, sometimes I don't.

Denise J. Hughes said...

Too funny! You're a hoot!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You are a scream girlfriend....if I didn't know that story was probably true...I would have thought you made it up....but no one can make up a story like that. Glad it wasn't a hostage situation and can't wait for the orange table story.

Texskiss said...

That's hilarious! I'd much rather have that police run in reather than the ticket I received in May!! Let me tell you, online drivers ed is BOR-ING!!! :)

SouthLakesMom said...

You live in interesting times...poor, poor Princess. I'm laughing at both.

Now I want to know about the orange table. Something to do with Tennessee? Our Associate pastor wore his orange tie this morning in celebration of his alma mater. Sigh.

Unknown said...

I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you!

Chatty Crone said...

How in the world did it happen? That is so silly! My goodness. Happy Labor Day.

Annesphamily said...

That is the worst. We once had an old computer that dialed into 9-1-1 everytime we tried to get on it! The cops hated us! Finally we found out the phone co was to blame. Ah the days of dial up!
I am going to get your package out to you this week. It has been a bear gtting organized with the new school year! Happy Labor day to you! Anne

Cindy said...

Hi, nice to find your blog today. That is a funny situation for sure. I am going to come back and read some more when I get some more time. all the best, I did enter your name in the draw. I am a new follower.

bj said...

O, Sweet Tea...same happened to me. When I went to the door, he asked if I was ok...I said, UH, Yeah...why? He said a 911 call came in. I said I didn't call...then I looked around at my baby grandgirl, holding the phone. Uh, I said, I guess she might have done it. He laughed and said ok..never came in to check the house or anything. Made me about half mad. :))What if a man was behind my door with a long knife...!!!

Mary said...

My SIL was serving jury duty a few weeks ago for a home break in, and the police swarmed her house during the night...they had the wrong house.
Let us know if we need to come bail you out! :D

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I think it is wonderful that the police followed up. It could have been a bad situation for someone and they responded. I think it's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

And I bet he was just the cutest cop, ever! That happened to me when I set off our house alarm, then didn't hear the monitoring service follow-up phone call. I was in my tattered robe, hair in whorls all over my pin head, mismatched socks, no make-up...one really handsome, young officer rang my doorbell and I was in hell for five minutes until I could get rid of him. Is there such a thing as a fat, donut encrusted, bald-headed cop? Please send him next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...