SWEET TEA

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SWEET TEA @ the Tea room

Here we are at the Glenwood Tea Room.
The tablecloth's are small, delicate quilts.
And there are many flavors of tea to choose from;
they each come either hot or cold,
whichever is your pleasure.
"Cold Apricot Sweet Tea" was our choice.
MMMmmmm.  Good.  Refreshing.


Look at the pretty Tea Cup and Saucer.
Nothing matches, but somehow
it all "works".


Princess drank the fancy "SWEET TEA"


as I perused the menu looking for
exactly what I wanted to eat -
Victorian Soup and the Sample Plate of Sandwiches.
"Thank you very much!"


So many "pretties" to see.
I never grow tired of
small, weathered tables.


This Faux window reminded me of looking
out a window at Grandmothers house.


Victorian Soup is in the cup.
It is a creamed soup made of all sorts of
spring veggies which I would probably not like
until they are blended and mixed with rich cream.
 IT.IS.MAGIC.
Tiny little finger sandwiches
make us feel like ladies.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was *109 degrees
Aug 4, 2011

7 comments:

Bobbie said...

What a wonderful tradition! And this food looks great. Glad you and Princess enjoyed your mother/daughter time... and I'm sure you'll savor this last year of high school.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I want to go to the Glenwood Tea Room...I would love it!

109°??! No, I would NOT love that.

~Margaret

Kimmy said...

Oh how fun!! I would love to take my baby girl to something like this! We both enjoy our sweet tea as well! Yum!

My Mind's Eye said...

I love tea rooms and all the wonderful teas they have.
I know you and Prinvess had a fantastic time...wish I had been there with you,
Hugs
Madi's Mom

Cheri said...

What a wonderful day with your daughter.

Now about those pups of mine...isn't their life just so tough? Honestly could they be any lazier or spoiled? They told me they are blaming it on the heat. I think they have us wrapped around their little paws. LOL

Diva's Thoughts said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Looks really quaint in there. I like tea shops.

Rhona said...

What a wonderful little tea room, I love the quilted tablecloth - I should think about making one for my kitchen table :) Glad you had a lovely time with your daughter x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...