SWEET TEA

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I.love.me.some.Dolly.


dolly

"I look just like the girls next door...
if you happen to live next door
to an amusement park."

"I was the first woman to burn my bra -
it took the fire department four days to put it out."

"If you don't like the road you're walking,
start paving another one."

"If you talk bad about country music,
it's like saying bad things about my momma.
Them's fightin' words."

"Storms make trees take deeper roots."

" The way I see it, if you want the rainbow,
you gotta put up with the rain."

" We cannot direct the wind,
but we can adjust the sails."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
BTW, do you have any idea  how
many songs this brilliant woman
has written?
You can check it out HERE.

Also worthy of noting: She has been married
to the same man for over 40+ years!

OK. Girls, this is a call to action -
Let's stuff our bras
and channel our inner Dolly today!!
(sure wish I owned a wig!)

Like most of us,
there is more to Dolly,
than what meets the eye.

What would we find surprising
about Y-O-U?

10 comments:

Kimmy said...

I LOVE Dolly!!!! I grew up on her music too. She just seems like such a down-to-earth person :O)

Nancy's Notes said...

Dolly is an awesome woman, I am ready to channel my inner Dolly!

Cute post!

Have a great day!

Nancy

Mary said...

I need to stop at the Sevier Co. Courthouse and take a picture of Dolly's statue for you!

Robin said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Dolly! I grew up listening to her and have even seen her in concert a time or two! Very fascinating woman!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I have loved Dolly since her Porter Wagoner days. My group opened for her sister, STella, once and then she(sister Stella) came on stage and we sang backup for her. It was fun.

Susan said...

I love Dolly. She still has a tremendous voice. She and Miss Loretta are two of my favorite ladies.

Unknown said...

Surprising about me? If money were no object, I might get me some of Dolly's "assets" myself!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your blog header makes me smile....and I love Dolly....always have

Enjoying some blog hopping tonight....Hope you will stop by...I have some great giveaways on my holiday blog and a special post on Grammy Girlfriend. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/07/winner-and-another-bunch-of-books.html

Debbie said...

I love Dolly. She is talented, funny and classy!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I live in Sevier county and she has done so much for our county and espeically for the children and education in our county...gotta lover her!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...