SWEET TEA

Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Life as a Movie Star.


A star is/was born,
now that I have "starred" in my very first movie,
"Straw Dogs".
(I love the fact that since it's my Blog I can embellish
the truth to my heart's content. Woo Hoo!

There are those that would say that I was
"only an EXTRA" in this movie.
So be it.
But I say that anyone can be a STAR
if they are front and center with a microphone
exagerating their voice. But it takes real
Star-Power
to sit in a football stadium
filled with 1200 people and grab the
audience simply by your mere presence.
I'm just sayin. . .
A few of my 1200 friends
at the football stadium last night
during the "shoot".


James Wood is the guy wearing the khakis
standing mid-field.
I love the fact that he was funny, friendly and genuinely
a "nice guy", contrary to his on-screen persona.

Here is where I get to
name drop.
You'll have to squint a bit
and use your imaginination
to fill in what you can't see
with your eyes.
Kate Bosworth - cute,skinny little blonde wearing red shirt
James Marsden - khaki pants & white shirt
Alexander Skarsgard was there and within sight,
but out of camera range. Sorry girls!
* * * * * * * * * *
"It's all about ME" now.
I had to be there at 5:30 pm. on Wed.
I arrived home this morning (Thurs) at 7:15 am. We in the business call this "an All-Nighter".
I think I will get paid $8 per hour for
the 1st 8 hrs, after that "time and a half".
You can do the math, but it does seem
to me that Stars are not getting paid
what they used to. Ya think?

I met some really nice people.
My new BFF for the evening was
Pam, a pretty mom of 3 young kids
who had made a 3 hr drive to be there.
I also met a young gal from Dallas,
Lilliana, who I shared a bench with
for a while. There was also a young
guy, KJ, (from Houston)
who I shared my M&M's with.
Not to mention a group of potty-mouthed
star wannabes who sat behind us for a while.
Everyone was glad when we had the good
fortune to move away from them...And
there was the silver-haired cranky
woman
who told me not to step
on the bugs that swarmed around us
when the movie lights were turned on.
She was strange. Most people were
very nice, friendly and good-natured.
(this excludes the "back-pack Nazi girl"
and the people who crowded to the
front of the line like a bunch of
kindergarteners.
The one single thing that surprised me
the most
was the fact that MANY
people had driven in from other states
to be an extra. When you calculate
the fact that they had to pay for a hotel
room and gas you could certainly see
that they did this for the love of the art,
cause they went in the hole money-wise.
There were people there from Tennesse,
Texas, Arkansas, and Carolina
and that's
just the ones that I knew of. Many had
been extras in movies before. Lots of
knowledgeable movie buffs there too.

If you ever have the opportunity to do
this "Go for it!". It's a great
life experience.
Would I do it again?
Yes.
Am I glad I'm not doing it again tonight? Yes.

13 comments:

Robin said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS. James Marsden was this close and I missed him????? My daughter {{hearts}} James Marsden!

I am so glad that I know you NOW before the movie comes out and you become this great big movie star. You won't forget us, the little people, will you????

I'm glad you had a good time and I can't wait to see your big screen debut!!!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin ;o)

Unknown said...

Will we need a magnifying glass to spot you or will you be front and center?

How many takes did you do? What did you do? Did you have to cheer or yell something in particular?

The experience definitely sounded better than the money but at least, you can tell your grandchildren and they can tell their grandchildren that you were a BIG movie star.

Handsome's wife said...

You always make me laugh. I look forward to seeing you "star" in the movie.

SusanD said...

Oh how totally fun for you. I can't wait for the picture to come out so I can claim that I know you! lol Blessings, SusanD

SusanD said...

Birthday? Birthday? How did I miss that? So sorry Friend. Hope you had a fabulous time and that is was a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of day. Blessings, SusanD

Joy Tilton said...

This is one of those Life Experiences not to be missed. We have _ number of years and we need to fill them up with exciting stuff! Can't wait till it comes out and I will look for you in the stands! Thanks again girl for the wonderful gift of the CD's. Be sure and come to GrannyMountain to read the blog today!
joy c.

KBeau said...

Just checking in from Joycee's blog. Sounds like a good time.

I must admit that when I read Joycee's post about winning your give-away, I was thinking LA as in Los Angeles. Then I see that you're really a G.R.I.T.S. kind of girl and LA is for Louisiana.

Nice to know that we are kindred spirits. I grew up in Arkansas and now live in Alabama. My heart is still in Arkansas, though.

Anonymous said...

You are a star!

(I always knew THAT...)

Mimi said...

Ooh I'm so jealous, I signed up to do something like that here, but haven't been called yet.

Our area in Michigan is getting ready to build 2 film studios in empty auto plants, so I hope to give you my report someday!

Joy Tilton said...

Hey girl, just read the comments on Fridays posts and you are so welcome for the puffy words, your blog starts my day off with a smile. You mentioned there was no FOLLOW button on my blog. I hope it shows up, it's at the tippy top, right next to the blogger seach block. Let me know if it's not showing and I will try and figure out what the problem is I sure want me some followers. If we are going to write this Emmy material we need someone to read it, don't we?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb, Just checking out your blog...."back-pack Nazi girl"....LMBO!!! That is the perfect way to describe that person.

You know I was really nervous about being there and was so glad we ended up being "buddies" that night. It really was exciting to be a part of it. I hope to do something like that again some day.

Oh and I took the awful camera back...it was just my luck for it to not work well.

Take care!
Pam :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

One of my close friends and a gal that helps me with trees was in this same movie and did the all nighter.....Love your blog...Have a great week.

Debbie said...

I bet that was fun and very exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...