SWEET TEA

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Foul Tail which "ends" well

It began as just a slight bit of doggy-needs-a-bath odor.
So I took my beloved Kramer to the Groomer for a spa day.
He came home with his summer do, "butt" he still smelled.

I grumbled about the Groomer who had obviously not done a proper job of bathing my little guy. GRRRR. I hooked up the hose and persuaded my husband (who was not particularly enthusiastic about the "hole" process) to join me on the patio and hold Kramer bottom side up as I gave his hiney a proper washing.

Poor husband.
Poor me.
Poor Kramer.

Still he stunk so badly we could hardly stand to be in the room with him - Kramer, not my husband. Sorry dear!
The next day we were off to see the Vet.


OH NO!
RUN. KRAMER. RUN.
I can tell you from experience that procedures which begin with a gloved hand NEVER "end" well.
Being the good doggie Mom I am, I stayed for the procedure.
Girls, the smell was so foul that my eyes watered and at one point I grabbed tissues to cover my nose. Kramer was wide-eyed, "butt" a good sport about the whole thing.
I thought a treat was in order.

It was delicious.







11 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

What happened to the doggie?

Im almost horrfied!

Yea for treats though

chocdrop said...

Oh no. I hope things turned out well!!

The Rambler said...

Oh man...the anal glands...must you remind me :)

First time at the vet and he told us about that my husband and I looked at each other and did "Rocks, Paper, Scissors" to see what human parent would have to express them.

Um...no thank you. I'll come here and pay someone to do it.

Swamp Sisters: 77 Day Journey said...

Oh,no! Glad you made it!

SusanD said...

Oh my. Is he going to be ok? Are you? hahaha Have a safe 4th. Blessings, SusanD

Robin said...

OK, reason #24876 NOT to get a pet! YUK!

LOL!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Brigid said...

I'm so glad my little Sully doesn't have an anal gland problem! They run in some breeds, including pugs, so I lucked out. Sorry you experienced them.

Unknown said...

Just one more reason why we don't have pets. The best animal is someone else's. Or a stuffed one!

Handsome's wife said...

oh yes the lovely things that must be done when you have a doggie. Lucky for us anal glands are part of the process at our groomers.
Happy Smelling!

Kat said...

Oh yes, my favorite part of working for a vet NOT!! Poor baby, he has to feel better now. And I could tell you some stories about this procedure, but since I like you, I won't! Suffice it to say that that stuff can shoot clear across a room at times! Kathy

Jill of All Trades said...

You know I've had dogs all my life but never, never knew that had to be done. Maybe my Momma never told me or the vet. And to think I wanted to be a vet at one time. I'm so uninformed, but now I'm wiser.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...