SWEET TEA

Sunday, February 22, 2009

a Horror story

After reading Blueviolet's blog, A nut in a nutshell, I was inspired to post this Blog post. I have a family member, who shall remain anonymous, who is a 3rd year surgical resident at a very prestigous hospital. You would not believe the stories said person can tell. I will refer to this person as SR (Surgical Resident)

During the 2nd year of residency SR was observing an operation when somehow the patient fell off the operating table.
Can you imagine???
You're unconscious and the people you have entrusted with your life let you FALL OFF the operating table!!! SR said they simply picked the patient off the floor, placed patient back on the OR table and continued. The person recovered and never had a clue what had happened.
There are more stories where this one came from, but this is all I have time for today. Don't ya just luv the "warm & fuzzy" feeling this story gives a person??????
So glad I could make your day. *snicker


13 comments:

Gladys said...

I one time woke up in the middle of surgery. Yes, I was the patient!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

My cousin did a stint in the ER and in Surgery...as a nurse....some of the stories she would tell would have us all rolling in stitches. This was before HIPPA. LOL....If we only knew what really happens to us when we are under.

queenbee4 said...

oohhh... somethings are better unknown...

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Holy crap!!! I can't wait for the other stories!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

And I thought putting the loaf of bread back on the shelf at the bakery I worked at as a teenager was bad enough!

Anonymous said...

That's awful and it's hard to believe that it happened! I'm looking forward to hearing the other crazy stories you'll have!

Melissa said...

Holy crap! That's awful.

Jill of All Trades said...

Egads, egads, I knew it! Stuff happens doesn't it...ick.

Debbie said...

I have heard stories like this! How amazing. And yes, I am glad that wasn't me. I don't think...

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Oh. My. Goodness!

Mami said...

Wow this is scary!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Crazy!! I wonder how on earth an unconcious person falls off a table though!

Angela Tolsma said...

that's rather scary!! So the first comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...