SWEET TEA

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Reality Check




I had a surreal moment last week, one of those moments I know I'll remember forever...I had walked HK (our 3 yr old granddoll) to the park which is about a block from their house on base.  There were 8-10 kids playing around. At 5 pm each day the national anthem is played over huge speakers on base.  I was chasing after HK when the LOUD music began, but immediately my surroundings felt different.  I looked around me to see that all the "play" had ceased as each child stood at attention, facing the direction of the music, hand over heart.  A little ashamed, I quickly assumed the position.  The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and a gentle breeze blew my hair.  The little 6 yr old girl who was standing close by cut her eyes in my direction and said, "You know what that means?  It means the Americans are coming!".  I felt my eyes grow misty with pride.🇺🇸
Reality check:
There are sad/bad things that happen every day, but there is still quiet beauty and goodness that live among us.  And for that, I am thankful.

                    ********************************                    
Many of you have asked about our youngest daughter.  Many of you have prayed for her too.  Thank you so much!!  She is out of the hospital now.  She was in a private hospital, not a VA hospital (someone asked). They have yet to connect with a doctor who seems willing to run the needed tests to make a solid diagnosis.  They are trying to get an appointment with a different neurologist soon.  We believe finding a good doctor will be the key to her medical situation.  She has insurance, so can't understand the hesitance to run the necessary tests...Thanks for your on-going prayers & concern.❤️


9 comments:

Terra said...

What a beautiful moment you had in the park when the children showed their love of country. I pray your daughter will get the necessary tests and full healing.

NanaDiana said...

Not having been blogging- I did not know about your daughter. I am praying for her and hope they can figure out what is going on. What a proud, touching moment with all those kids facing the music....The Americans Are Coming! God bless them!!!
Happy Blessed Easter- xo Diana

Nonnie said...

Our pastor was raised on military bases and he is adamant about teaching our kids in our community love and respect for our country and the ones who protect us such as these kids displayed. I'm guessing these kids know firsthand and feel as he does because they live it every day. Still praying your daughter finds answers and healing.

Marsha Young said...

Sweet Tea,
No wonder that is a moment you will always remember. Children who are being taught what a privilege it is to grow up in America, even with all of its flaws. I am sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. I'll be remembering her (and you) in prayer. Blessings to you this Easter ~ Marsha

yaya said...

I can't hear the National Anthem without getting misty eyed...even at sporting events! How wonderful to have a special experience like that. Makes us have hope in our younger generation. I hope your daughter will get better soon. I hate it when insurance companies and hospitals play money games with patients. I'll pray for an Easter miracle for her! Hugs to you and your family.

Changes in the wind said...

How I wish all our little ones were taught this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter should seek a second opinion, the Mayo clinic in Minnesota is very good. May people go there to find the right answers.
Brenda

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Beautiful, heartwarming post - and keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out well for your daughter,, take care my friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...