SWEET TEA

Friday, December 12, 2014

Quick Change.



Change can happen so quickly.
That's not a surprise to anyone is it?!


In one simple day we went from having 6 people (Me, Mister, My Mom, Litle Mama, HK, and very often Little Mama's fiance) + our dog in our home, to having ONE person + a dog in our home.

This is how it happened.
Little Mama were scheduled to move into the house where she, HK, and her husband, come March, will live.  They loaded and moved on this particular day.

In the meantime, I had an early morning doctor appointment and ended up in the hospital that very day.  How's that for bad timing?

Upon hearing I was ill my Sister made an all day drive to come get Mom and take her back to Okla so she could care for her as I recuperated.

That left Mister + the dog, "home alone" for 5 days.  I don't know who was the most pathetic.  Mister was so low he almost melted into the floor and our dog is said to have gone from room to room crying at each door looking for everyone.

Thank God!  (Really.  I thank God!)
Things are much better now.
I'm still taking meds and trying to get my stamina back.  It's happening and I'm getting a lesson in "being still" and letting God take care of many things I'd been doing for quite a while.  I'm a slow learner, but I'm beginning to "get it"
.

Thanksgiving went with nary a turkey or rich dessert in our house.  Youngest son came home during the holiday and it really helped to set our spirits back on high.  Mister took youngest son, Little Mama, fiance, and HK out to dinner on Thanksgiving while I rested it at home.  Still, I had the most sincerely thankful heart I've had in many a Thanksgiving.  I was very blessed and I had lots of time to ponder the thought.


Christmas is coming and it looks liked we'll get to celebrate in much of the usual ways.  I'm so thankful to be regaining my strength.  YAY!!  Still, it's different in some ways.  There is not a Christmas tree, a bauble or a single bow in our house.  I've decided that there's so much that will need to be done before bringing Mom back home, that we will enjoy our family and all the celebrating but without the usual festive "stuff" scattered about the house.  Almost every gift we give this year will come from online purchases. What a help that has been.

There is a air of happiness in our home that no Christmas tree or Christmas lights could begin to match.  Next year we'll be back to the norm, but in the meantime we'll enjoy things just as they are.  Mister is smiling again.  Boudxy, our dog, is my constant shadow, and everyone is doing well,  I'm learning to lean-into-it and embrace the change.

Merry Christmas, Bloggy Friends!


12 comments:

Linda said...

I am so proud of you!!! You roll with the flow! Happy you are recovering and you are wise not to overdue! Christmas is Christmas......and it doesn't require all manner of STUFF!
I do it because I CAN! and if and when I can't - I want to be just like YOU!!!

Linda said...

I am glad your on the mend. ---Oh, wanted to comment on the Soul Seasoning, I think it must be a Alabama thing, however, I do love cajun, wink.

Merry Christmas to you...glad your back. Blessings

mindy said...

I think losing strength and stamina is so challenging because every day you have to make the decision what is the best use of the strength you have. May you recover well and may your heart be encouraged as you do.

Jeanie said...

Take care of yourself, get back to being your normal, healthy self and that will be all it takes to make it a Merry Christmas for your family.

Jackie See said...

I am praying that you continue to get stronger each day! The Christmas decor can wait, sometimes I get so lost in decorating and worrying about things looking perfect that I wonder... if maybe we should take one year and pay more attention and time to the real meaning of this day. Get well, and take good care of yourself! xxDazee

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I was away from blogging for a while because I was not well so I didn't realize you were gone, too. You win- I was not nearly as sick as you have been. That is NOT the kind of winner you want to be though, is it?

Anyway- sounds like you have your priorities straight. I do not have the first Christmas thing up either and am wondering now if I will do much at all. It has been a crazy early winter here....like there.

Rest and be well- xo Diana

yaya said...

The glow of good health is the only light you need! Glad you're doing better. Merry Christmas to you!

Nonnie said...

You know that I know exactly what you're talking about in this post! Life does change in the blink of an eye and one of my observations during all my time out period was the number of things that didn't get done and that it didn't really matter. My husband was so lonely as your mister was and the dog always senses when things are different. I'm so glad that you are getting well and healing. All those other things are peripheral. It's our health and family that really matters.
You really said it well. Merry Christmas!

Aloha Acres said...

Merry Christmas, Sweet Friend. Take care of yourself and enjoy every single minute.

Sylvia said...

I am visiting from 'Diana takes a Break" and so glad you are feeling like yourself again since you do have your priorities in order! I am adding you to my list and following you...have a Merry Christmas!

Sylvia@ A Grandma's Blessings

Anonymous said...

Please take good care of yourself please, no one will be happy if you get more sick or worse, life is for the living and healthy living is the optimum thing to have. Christmas schmismushness..Everyday is a holiday when one has one's health, Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas and more importantly a healthy and happy new year, let god in and let yourself be filled with his presence of love and joy..ciao!X()

White Lace and Promises said...

Christmas is first and foremost in the heart not in the glitter and gold. Just so glad that you are feeling better and hope you'll be strong again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...