SWEET TEA

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sanford and Son

.I keep gathering all sorts of things for the wedding and Lil' Mama and her guy are gathering all sorts of thrifted furniture for the apartment they'll have. Remember the old TV series, "Sanford and Son"? This may have been how they got their start?!

Look what I found!!
Someone's trash has become our treasure!  I was driving home through our neighborhood and found this (the arbor - not Lil' Mama's fiance) curbside among trash for pick up. I went home and got Lil' Mama and we went to claim our "find".  We somehow wrangled this big ol' arbor part way into the back of the SUV - much of it was hanging out the back.  Lil' Mama sat in the back holding onto the "find" enough to allow us to get it home.  Trust me when I say the photo makes it look much better than it actually looks close up.  It needs a lot of TLC.  It needs some repair, sanding, priming, and heaven only knows how much spray paint.  But we are up for the challenge.  We think it'll be great for using for Lil' Mama's wedding, and then I'll have it to put in my rose garden.  Win/Win.

We're waiting for a little cool weather then we'll begin the transformation project.  I'll try to remember to post before and after photos.  Love me a good find!






14 comments:

Tammy said...

Great find and great way to repurpose something!! Can't wait to see what you do to fix it up.

Nonnie said...

What a find and that you will have beautiful roses growing up on it later. I am looking forward to seeing all the transformations. I'm sure they are having lots of fun together looking for furniture. So exciting. A new life together.

Anonymous said...

I've got the cool weather, come on up North!! Sounds like fun times in your house hold,!!!!!

Aloha Acres said...

I love your post ... and enthusiasm. :)

Miss Dishywoo said...

How cool that you found this. I think that makes it even more special - a more interesting story. When you reuse it in your garden, you will have a permanent keepsake from Lil Mama's wedding. Who knows, maybe granddaughter will use it for her wedding someday.

NanaDiana said...

THAT was a great road-side find. I love when you find things like that! It will be gorgeous for the wedding AND for your garden later. xo Diana

yaya said...

How fun to get all the finds ready for her special day and also her home with soon-to-be new hubby! I had an arbor like that for our son's wedding reception. I had it in our garden until a huge branch fell and totally squashed it! I was really sad to loose it but no amount of TLC would bring it back!

Jeanie said...

What a great find.....it will be fun to see how it looks when you are done. You may have the beginnings of a family heirloom.

holli said...

wow! what a great find!!

holli said...

wow! what a great find!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is one great find!

Sandra said...

That is such a great find, I can't wait to see how you transform it.

Thank you for your very sweet comment and for the prayers, I appreciate it :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Bobbie said...

Good for you!! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Linda said...

I love FREE stuff!!! We call it 'dumpster diving!!' SO happy for your sweet daughter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...