SWEET TEA

Friday, June 6, 2014

Cobwebs

Clearing the cobwebs out of my mind today...
So here goes -

  1. We had another "snake incident".  Another 2 ft black snake slithered across the patio yesterday.  Once again Mister did NOT get the snake.  I remained calm - didn't want to use my energy to throw a Hissy Fit, so just went on about my business.  Mister needs a new knee so he only has one speed - SLOW.  I think the neighborhood snakes have figured that out.  That's why they're hangin' out at our house.
  2. TX, HK's Dad, is here visiting with us for a few days.  HK is gonna be soooooo spoiled by all this extra attention.  Still, glad she is getting to visit with him, and him with her.  It's gotta be a difficult situation for TX and Lil' Mama.  Heaven only knows I could never have behaved so maturely at their age.  Guess parenting a baby at such a young age "grows you up" quicker.
  3. Mom recieved 2 HUGE bags of candy from our son and DIL for her birthday.  She is eating this candy as fast as she can.  Tonight she wouldn't even come to the table for dinner because she had been eating candy all afternoon.  I guess when you're 85 you can do what you want.
  4. I wish I had a margarita, but I don't.
  5. One more week till VACATION!!
Cobwebs gone.
Thanks for listening!
What's on your mind today?

11 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

I had a 102 year old at the nursing home who liked candy. I saw in the paper where she recently turned 106! One day I went to visit in her room and she was eating candy. I said, "Don't you think you need to come to eat lunch instead of that candy." She said, "I'm 110 (she wasn't) years old and I think I can do what I want to. Her family said she insisted that she was older than they said.

Anonymous said...

good for your Mum, I think you're right, your daughter is very mature, a difficult situation, at least he wants to be a part of the baby's life, our little grand daughter has never met her father, he wants nothing to do with her,
is that snake poisonous?

Nonnie said...

Another two foot snake! That is truly creepy. Can you tell what kind it is? So proud of you for remaining calm and understanding.
Your daughter does seem to be handling all these things in a very mature way. That is very good for HK.
(I hope your Mom doesn't get sick from all that candy.)

Linda said...

I could so join you with that margarita idea!!

NanaDiana said...

YOu know- it is sad---but I laughed right out loud about your husband AND your Mom eating that candy. God bless your daughter- that is always a tough situation...sharing a child--xo Diana

Linda said...

Yes, I guess when you are 85 you can do what you want!!! :-) I could not remain so calm if I saw that size of snake slithering around....actually if I saw ANY snake slithering around I'd be outta there! you are blessed that your daughter is mature, some parents just don't grow up no matter what :-( Have a nice vacataion!!!

Jeanie said...

Maybe when you are 85 you can have all the margaritas you want. ;)

yaya said...

I have a bad knee too but I'm thinking I would be pretty quick if I saw a huge snake like that! I hope it's not a dangerous one. Glad your Granddaughter can visit with her Dad..it's a shame more young people don't feel that responsibility. They sound like good kids. When I'm 85 I sure hope I can eat candy all day! (although I might go for a chocolate shake instead!) Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

Linda said...

ewwwwww...snakes..shuddering..yuck (giggles)--No cobwebs..as I have had 2 cups of coffee..I am so not a morning person.

Your a good daughter for taking in your mom. My mil has dementia and severe diabetes..just a tough, tough situation..keeping you in prayer. Blessings

Aloha Acres said...

Seeing Snakes = Margarita Needed!

Mary said...

It's gotta be tough for Lil' Mama & TX; it's amazing that they are able to handle it so maturely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...