SWEET TEA

Monday, April 21, 2014

Beautiful places and sweet smiling faces

I've been blog-hopping looking at Easter through the photos of many blogging friends.  Maybe I've seen your photos.  Such fun getting to enjoy the holiday with so many people via blogging!  It's a little like getting to be everywhere at the click of a mouse, isn't it?

"Resurrection!"
One who was dead has come back to life.
I don't understand it all, but thank God I understand enough to know the importance of it all.  That's why we celebrate!

This Easter was exceptionally memorable because our church,
which is 15 yrs old, met for the very first time
in a building that was our very own, rather than
a rented space in a school.
It was the ultimate celebration for our group
of Believers!


Haylee Kate in her Easter dress.

Easter Dinner.
I must admit that I missed our extended family but I tried not to let that fact dampen our celebration.

We invited the young man that Lil Mama is dating to join us.
He is "new" to us so we're all getting acquainted.  He's a long way from his family in Maine.   I always love it when people invite our youngest son (who is single and lives away) to join them for the holiday when he can't be with us.  So, I guess I was trying to pay-it-forward by having another mother's son join us. It was a win/win.

"If you can't be with ALL the ones you love,
then you simply love ALL the ones you're with."

Someone should write a song about that,
don't ya think?  *wink*








9 comments:

Mari said...

Wonderful pictures! Miss Haylee Kate looks adorable! The young man is a cutie too. :)
Our church is meeting in a school so I can understand your joy.

NanaDiana said...

yes- I think that is SONG worthy....if you love the one you're with....lol

Great Easter at your house and quite a handsome young man visiting. Love that baby Haylee in her Easter finery! xo Diana

Jeanie said...

What a little Easter cutie Haylee Kate is. I love her dress.
Yes, your new church building is something to celebrate.
It looks like your group for Easter dinner rounded out nicely with your guest....what a nice thing for you to do.

Marsha Young said...

What a cutie little Haylee Kate is. CONGRATULATIONS on your new church building. What a blessing! Happy Easter to you, too!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on celebrating in your new church building!
It sounds like you had a very nice Easter dinner. How nice that you invited the young man to spend the day with you, so he would have a home cooked meal, and a family surrounding him for the day.
Sweet pictures, for some sweet memories.
Debbie

Mary said...

Lovely photos, and your grandaughter is so adorable. Congratulations on your church's new building! I have friends whose church was in a similar situation, they were so happy when a church building, with a house for the pastor, was found, for sale that was affordable on their congregation's budget.

I've been reading your blog for some time now, and have to ask, is the photo blowing into the teapot real? What's the story behind thst?

Debby Ray said...

Awww...what a beautiful family...and a yummy looking bunch of food! I am so happy hearing the news about your new church building...how wonderful for you! Have a blessed week!

Haddock said...

Love that lavish spread on the table.

Annesphamily said...

Your phamily is so beautiful! I get excited when I see all the phamily stuff at blogs! Makes me smile. I was researching my mothers cousin "the Judge" and found a photo linking me to my maternal grandfather! He was killed in a mining accident when my mother was 13 so finding out he had three sisters, amazing! I knew the Judges mother and her sister Franceska but not the third one! I am excited to research more! Thanks for visiting me and always been so sweet! Enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs, Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...