SWEET TEA

Monday, May 6, 2013

Looking Forward

One year ago in the airport
NYC bound!

Last year Mister and I took our oldest granddoll (along with Princess) with us on vacation.  It was a joy to explore NYC with these girls - an experience we will always cherish.  This year we are taking the younger two granddolls with us on our vacation.  I have made a mountain of arrangements to make this all happen.  Lil' Mama and Haylee Kate will be staying home, as Lil' Mama (Princess) will be taking a college class and Haylee Kate is really too young for all the disruption a trip of this sort would bring to her life, and Mom will be spending time with my sister in Okla.    Praying all this unfolds as planned.  Reservations have been made and tickets have been purchased.  Now we can enjoy the "anticipation", which is part of the fun, don't you think?!


We're bound for Washington DC this year.  

Mister and I have been there a couple of times several years ago, but it will be fun revisiting all the sights and viewing it through the eyes of the girls.  The girls are 10 and 12.  This will be the first time either have flown or rode on the subway.  I will have to pull my big girl panties up tightly and resolve to fly with a sense of confidence, as flying terrifies me, but I want it to be a positive experience for the girls.

I can't wait!


10 comments:

Nonnie said...

I remember that trip! You guys did it all, and I'm guessing this trip will also be a very memorable experience for all of you, but especially those grand dolls of yours. What lucky girls they are. (although just watching them experience all these exciting things will be great fun for you and your Mister. Don't stretch out the elastic pulling up those big girl panties!!)

SouthLakesMom said...

One of DC's hidden jewels is "Hillwood Estate Museum." I take my out of town guests there (the girls) You and the girls would LOVE it and you can have high tea there while you visit. With so many things curtailed due to sequestration, you might need some "off the beaten track" ideas. Check them out at http://www.hillwoodmuseum.org/

Jeanie said...

I agree that it great to have a fun trip planned to look forward to. I bet your granddolls are really excited. Good for you for planning a weel deserved get away.

Tammy said...

Oh how I love DC in the spring time. Have a fabulous trip - your grand dolls will have such a wonderful time, it's such a fascinating city and the history is just right for their age so they can soak it all in!!

Anonymous said...

I love you call your grandchildren grand dolls oh, my what a wonderful Grandmother you are and your hubs a wonderful Grandfather..They will remember the trip and all the experiences for the rest of their lives..Our only child lives in NYC we fly separately to see her as she gets free airline tickets, we spoil her rotten, she is our only, when she was little we took her all over the place, I think that is why she enjoyes travelling on her job and seeing many countries and meeting people from all over the world, she so enjoys coming back to America, she says the greatest country in all of the world..We are so proud of her, but we get envious cause we cannot see her that much, but when she comes near her momma and pops we get to see her and visit..Time marches on but kids grow up fast and time flies..Love your blog, what a nice person you are to all!

Chatty Crone said...

I think taking a vacation is just what you need - sounds like a great plan and a great time. sandie

Mary said...

DC is such a great place to visit! All of the free museums are GREAT!!!
If you feel like paying for one, the Spy Museum was pretty good...and creepy. By the end, you're looking at people and wondering if they're spies!

Susie said...

I have been to NYC and D.C. and if I could I would go back to both. There's so much to see and do. I hope all of you enjoy your trip. xoxo,Susie

Deanna said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I'm not crazy about flying either but I have a little ritual which helps me deal with it. As soon as I get on the plane I pray for an angel to ride on each wing and for the pilot, co-pilot and mechanics who have worked on the plane. As soon as we reach cruising altitude I put in my earbuds, crank up the tunes on my iPod and order a screwdriver. Ha!

Anonymous said...

You are the best gramma, I wish you were my gramma.

We haven't been to DC for over ten years. I am SO anxious to see the WWII memorial now that it is done.

Have fun. Am so glad you're doing this! A lot has happened in the past year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...