SWEET TEA

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I'm having a dinner party for eight friends at my house tomorrow.  Since inviting everyone a few days ago, my vacuum has quit working and today my garbage disposal went out.  "HA!", I say.  I can laugh into the wind because it really doesn't matter - that's one of the blessings of being of a certain age; it gives you perspective.

On the flip side...I had planned to go to the store this morning, then come home to make a cake for tomorrow night.  I never made it to the store (long story).  I looked at what I had in the pantry and began grabbing anything that I thought might be a good blend of flavors.  I began with a Yellow Butter Cake mix.  Then, besides the usual eggs and oil, I dumped in a can of mandarin oranges, some orange yogurt, orange juice concentrate, and a handful of Craisins.
It.Tastes.Wonderful!

A good dessert can cover a multitude of "oopsies".
You can quote me on that!


Now, what shall I name my new cake creation?
Suggestions?  Ideas?

20 comments:

Bobbie said...

Death by Orange or Where's The Chocolate. LOL! Have a good time!!

the crafty duck said...

Orange surprise cake! Because it was a total surprise what went into it, hope your friends enjoy it!!

Nonnie said...

Orange you glad I had some oranges? Sounds delicious. Hope you have a great time. Your friends don't care how the carpet looks!

Jill said...

Sometimes those little "surprises" make everything better and add to the conversation :-) Great friends don't care about that just spending quality time together! Have fun!!

Jill

Anonymous said...

that sound amazing, sorry about the broken appliances,

Sunny Simple Life said...

Ha isn't that always the way. Oh well like I always say, "Life is Messy." I have loads of oranges in the yard. How refreshing.

Sweet Tea said...

I would love to have oranges in my yard - what a treat that must be!

Sweet Tea said...

"Where's the Chocolate." Good idea! LOL

Sweet Tea said...

"Orange Surprise Cake" - good idea. I think perhaps I've stumbled onto a good refreshing cake that would actually be a good refrigerated cake for Summer!

Sweet Tea said...

Yes Ma'am - saved by the oranges!
I actually have hardwood floors and tile in the main areas. So I'll drag out the broom.
It's all good!

Sweet Tea said...

Poor Mister! His "Honey Do"list has these "surprises" on his list for next week.

nancygrayce said...

Wow! You're quite the adventurous soul! I'd be scared to veer off the instruction panel on the box, so good for you and it sounds wonderful.......now if I could just figure out how to get apiece! Have a great time with your friends!

Susie said...

I have improvised before too. Amazing what we come up with. Once I have some plain chocolate cake, so I added a bit of warm water to raspberrie preserves and drizzled it over the cake. My sisters thought it was great.LOL Your story is the "when it rains , it pours" kind. Hope it all works out. xoxo,Susie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a fun party!
Mandarin Surprise....

Skoots1moM said...

NOYO cake: no oil, yes orange...:)

Tammy said...

Wow, sounds like a rough couple of days with things going wrong, but It sounds like you've gotten past it well. You cake sounds like Sunshine, I'd call it the Sunshine cake!!

Robin Lambright said...

Sandra Lee move over...way to mix it up!

Blessings
R

Teresa said...

Orange oopsies cake.

Sandra said...

Oh that cake sounds so good....maybe Orange you Glad you ate it Cake? Hahahahahah

Nel said...

I like Orange Surprise. It does sound quite refreshing It seems like when it rains it pours when things mess up.
until next time...nel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...