SWEET TEA

Sunday, November 18, 2012

"Don't want to miss a thing."

"I don't want to close my eyes
and I don't want to fall asleep,
'cause I don't want to miss a thing."

I love this old song by Aerosmith, and it's totally the way I feel.  I don't want to miss any of this ride around the sun.  I bet you feel the same way.

Last Saturday we "fetched" Princess and Boudxy and now we are all once again under the same roof, as we should be.  *sigh of relief and thanksgiving*   It is as though no time has passed and we are simply moving on as we were all along.  God is truly the "Healer".

We had no sooner loaded Princess and Boudxy into our car when my phone rang.  It was my sister telling me Mom had been taken to the hospital with a possible heart attack, but the emergency was over and she was resting well and waiting for test results.  Thankfully, her tests came back showing no damage to her heart and she was released from the hospital on Monday.  

Sooooo, Princess and I made the drive to Oklahoma to spend  the week with Mom as she was recouperating at home.  The week was not without some obstacles (2 more ER visits), and Mom has some serious challenges ahead, all of which serve to remind me once again of just how precious time is, and it's so true, "I don't want to miss a thing".

We are heading back to Oklahoma for the holiday week.  I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving, and let us all be mindful not "to miss a thing".

20 comments:

Shelly said...

I am so glad for you, my friend! I'm keeping your mom on my prayer list, too~

NanaDiana said...

I am so happy that Princess is home and that things have settled in for you. God bless all of you-especially your Mom as she struggles with the issues that come with aging. Life is definitely a journey and we need to enjoy all the bright spots along the way. Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you. I KNOW you are looking forward to the ride to Oklahoma (bad-I know-I am bad) xo Diana

Jeanie said...

A good reminder for us all to be grateful for each day. I hope things resolve in a positive way for your mom and that you all enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad to hear your good news, but saddened to hear of your Mums troubles, very scary, my daughter has made some choices lately that have me very unhappy, I hope she soon comes to her senses, have a wonderful weekend, take care, I will keep your mum in my prayers,

Aloha Acres said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, friend.
I love hearing that you and your family are back in a good place. ((hugs))

My Mind's Eye said...

Good health wishes for your Mom and safe travels.
Hugs Madi and Mom
YAY for everyone being home again!!

Robin Lambright said...

Praying blessing and continued healing for your Mom. Enjoy your thanksgiving time with your family!
Blessings
r

yaya said...

I'm so happy your daughter is home and I hope your Mom is better. Life sure can hand out the challenges and time does fly quickly, so enjoy the good and endure the bad and hopefully all will come even at the end. Prayers for your Mom and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kay G. said...

Oh goodness, life keeps throwing things at us but we still need to keep our turn at bat and be thankful, for everything!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Bobbie said...

I love that song! I agree 100%. Don't want to miss a thing! Thanks for the reminder and may God bless your beautiful week of Thanksgiving!

Relyn Lawson said...

So very glad your Mom is doing so well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad your daughter is home - things are okay - and I hope your mom will be okay too. sandie

Joyce said...

Safe travels! Enjoy this special season of Thanksgiving spent with family.

Nonnie said...

I am really happy for you that your daughter and doggie are back home and know that is a great relief for you. Glad your Mom is all right now and that you were able to be there with her. Wishing all of you a great Thanksgiving.

Linda said...

I am so happy for you all......

arkie said...

So glad your daughter is back home. Praying your mom is better soon. Happy Thanksgiving!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Glad that Princess is home. So sorry to hear your mom is not well. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts during the Holidays. God Bless You my friend.

Wild Oregonian said...

I am so glad that all is right in the world. When I think of all the people and things I am thankful for, you are right up there on the list!
Love, DIL

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sending prayers and hugs to your mom. I hope she is on the mend.

And, glad you have your family with you. Enjoy Thanksgiving together.

xo jj

nancygrayce said...

Wonderful and sad/ scary news sometimes travel together! So glad the princess is home. Praying for your mama!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...