SWEET TEA

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jabber Jaws

WHAT DOES A CLOUD WEAR UNDER HIS RAINCOAT?

"THUNDERWEAR!'

We had rain last night - good ol' thunder and lightening RAIN!!  Our crunchy grass is so happy today and I didn't even complain when the dog tracked mud into the house.

Some of you have asked about my eye.
Thank you for caring enough to ask. . .it is getting better each day.  Still using the eye drops and should be good as new by Friday, so the doc says. In the meantime no contact lenses and I am so lovely going about my business in my huge, old "Coke bottle" glasses.  "Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me."

Lest  you think I've totally lost my mind with yesterday's post about "dill pickle ice cream".  That little story was meant as a "parable" to reflect what is going on in my life, but it actually sounded as though I meant it LITERALLY.  *blush*  I think I'll leave the parables to Jesus from now on, 'cause I obviously don't have  the knack for writing them.  The cake, the ice cream, the pickles, they were each meant to represent something.  This little episode never really happened.  There was no Hot Fudge Chocolate Lava Cake.  Yep, I'm still on this dang diet.  And certainly I would never accept Dill Pickle Ice Cream - not even on my wackiest of days!


My life is going through some changes right now and my emotions are bouncing all over the place.  It's nothing bad, but it is change, difficult change.  It will be ok, but it simply takes a while to wrap one's head around change sometimes.  That's where I am now. . .I will share it with you soon, but right now it's not mine for the telling.  What would I do for therapy if I didn't blog??  Run Mister and my real-time girlfriends CRAZY!  Blogging is such a healthy thing, probably even better for us than raw spinach leaves.
 Just sayin . . .

I'm outta here girls, and off to slay a few giants before the day is done!

19 comments:

Shelly said...

I hope and pray this day is full of unexpected blessings for you!

Susie said...

So Happy to hear your eye is doing better. Yippee for somethings, right? I'll say a pray for you to have more strenghth,I pray to strong all the time myself. xo, Susie

nancygrayce said...

Of course! ;) A parable!

Happy to hear your eye is better......coke bottle glasses are cool.....just ask my baby sister! When she can't wear her contacts, she gets irritable having to wear hers! You're gorgeous and so is she no matter what you're wearing!

Oh, I know what you mean about change! I am really bad at change........and you would think as much as I've had in my life, I would be a master of the thing! :)

Whatever this change is, I pray it will change your life for the better!

NanaDiana said...

Hang in there. One of my father's favorite sayings was that "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger". Blessings to you- xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

Glad your eye is getting better. No I thought you are pickle ice cream. And I think blogging is very healthy for us. Good luck on your problem. sandie

Jeanie said...

I'm glad your eye is better and that you got some rain. I hope you leave some giants lying in the dust before the day is done.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the eye is going to be OK, that was a close one!! You could have ended up like me, a one eyed, mmm, something!!!!I'm very curious now, be happy and take care,
oh, and you know I did beleive you were eating Dill pickle icecream, that shows how gullible I am, anyone have some swamp land for sale, lol!! Just sayin"""

Kimmy said...

I didn't get a chance to read your "pickle" post yet. I just may jump over in a bit to take a gander :o)

Your life sounds like mine right now. Things are tough and I understand. Hope things smooth over for ya soon!!

Glad to hear the eye is healing!! I've had an eye boo-boo before and THAT is no fun!!

HUGS

Marsha Young said...

Although I kind of like raw spinach, I think I would much rather read your blog. :)

Linda said...

The only CONSTANT is CHANGE! We may as well get used to it. Nothing stays the same......

Linda said...

Glad your eye is better! You need to SEE when change is taking place!

Nonnie said...

I'm impressed that you have been able to wear contacts. I had to give them up many years ago because of abrasions to my cornea so I feel your pain. Also really sorry about the other emotional things you are experiencing. I know that it takes time for me to adapt to all the changes as they happen.

I now must go and re-read the dill pickle story. ;-)

karen said...

I hope everything works out for the best (things usually do, although it can take time and perspective to see that). In the meantime, if you're ever up for a game of Words With Friends, hit me up! Oh - and I'm glad your eye is ok. I'm sure that was PAINFUL!

yaya said...

This has been a weird summer for us too...things are changing and some of them we have no control over. But I'm confident all will be better soon and I hope it's the same for you. I'm glad you didn't eat pickle icecream too...I'm just sad I'm so dense and didn't get the parable! Oh well, when it comes to food I'm serious!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
burçlarin özellikleri said...

hello nice blog

jamiewhitewyatt said...

I LOVE your parable! After your core ache blog, the meaning seems clear to me! You had to search for the meaning in Jesus' parables, too! Don't give up on writing your parables! I identify with chocolate stories!

Annesphamily said...

I am praying that you are showered with many blessings in your life. Good to see you here. Hugs Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...