SWEET TEA

Monday, June 11, 2012

". . . peanut butter".



I should go water the garden, but it's like a furnace out there peanut butter! 

I should be making plans for next year's homeschool year, but I really need some time from thinking too hard. peanut butter!

I really should go exercise as part of my Weight Watcher committment, but you know how boring that would be! peanut butter!

I remember very little of the church sermons I heard as I sat my tush on the church pew during my youth, BUT (gotta love the pun!) I do remember one sermon in particular.  It was a sermon on excuses people make for not doin' what they know they oughta be doin'.  The pastor gave several examples, then said, regardless of the excuse, people might as well just say, "PEANUT BUTTER", cuz in the end they were all the same, just an "excuse", and one word was as good as another.

Funny how certain things stick in your mind, (or the roof of your mouth) isn't it?!

So, off I go -

I am gonna
     1.  Order some school curriculum
     2.  Walk a mile
     3.  Water the garden

BUT, no Peanut Butter for me -
I just joined Weight Watchers (more about that another time). 

15 comments:

Liz Mays said...

He made a darn good point! Good luck with your WW!

Bobbie said...

This is great! And.. I stumbled on a webpage this morning as I googled 'what does it mean to give it to God' and I was reminded that I can't change my feelings but I can change my way of thinking. And this is the way to do it! Thanks for this!!

Unknown said...

Great preacher!
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Anonymous said...

what a great post, I love that pastor's way of thinking, I wish you the best with WW,

Unknown said...

GREAT post! I have to tell you that I am a bit addicted to PEANUT BUTTER, lol. As a part of my low carb lifestyle I can have modest amounts of natural peanut butter and I do, lol. I better not start using that term as my excuse phrase though -- I may not be able to stick to modest amounts :)

Blessings!
Gail

karen said...

Great analogy! Best of luck with completing your tasks AND with Weight Watchers - it's the best diet/way of eating for life that there is out there.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL Peanut Butter what a fine title it was certainly an eye catcher.
Good luck with your WW
Hugs C

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Good luck with WW. It works for a lot of people...as for me...well...I just need to Peanut Butter. xo Diana

Joyce said...

So true. We call a lot of things 'reasons' that are really excuses!

yaya said...

I gave up on excuses..I just say "I don't want to do it"..and I don't! But that's not very productive so I guess I'll head out to get some peanut butter! Good luck with WW! Looking forward to seeing the results! Although I think you look great as is.

Bupu2 said...

Peanut butter and WW. Love it. I've just joined WW also. Good luck.

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks for letting me know about the difficulty commenting on my blog. I had some problems with spam a while ago, and had never changed it back -- and then I was "off" for a while. So thank you! It took forever for me to find where to fix it with the new format. Sigh.

By the way, LOVE the wedding photos. It's so nice to see young people having a dream wedding that is THEIR dream -- and not going into huge debt over it! The "average" in our area is upwards of $15,000!

Jeanie said...

"Peanut butter" is for ssure as good as most excuses I come up with. Interesting that that particular sermon stayed with you.

Shelly said...

Now that is worth remembering~

Teresa said...

Love the peanut butter. This will "stick" with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...