SWEET TEA

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Busy Thoughts and Little Secrets.


Everyone is busy.
Anyone disagree?

For homeschoolers this is an intensely busy
time of the year.  We have just finished
the 3rd nine weeks and are begining the 4th.
The end of the school year is in sight,
but there's much to be done before
"the fat lady sings".
* * * * * * * * *

Follow up on our discussion
about "feet" problems.
My feet are finally feeling MUCH better.
I think 2 things have made the difference:
Heavy duty running shoes
and
this magic elixor,
"Joint Juice".
You can take it in pill form also.
After 3 doses I was markedly improved!
Walgreen's.  A little pricey
but worth every penny!!

* * * * * * * * * **



Cake

Our oldest daughter's birthday is Monday.
We have planned to make the drive to Okla
tomorrow to celebrate!  I just love her birthday -
it was one of the happiest times in our life and I
love talking about it and reliving each moment.
And of course, I can't wait to see the Granddolls
and perhaps even our newly engaged couple.
The weekend holds lots of possibilities.
BUT
a major "rain event" is forecast for
Louisiana and Oklahoma.
So what to do?
Do we go ahead with the 6 hr drive
OR
do we reschedule what we can
and go the next weekend???
We'll make that call tomorrow
after looking at the weather radar map.


Here's my " little secret".
I Tivo this program
and after everyone has gone to bed
I sit back in my easy chair
and watch.
Ahhhhhh.
What a great stress-breaker this is
for me.
This gal is so easily stressed
it makes my life look very calm
by comparison.
I really have nothing in common
with her and certainly her issues
are not my issues - maybe that's
one of the things I like about the program.
I absolutely identify with nothing
in her life.  When her life becomes
a train wreck it in no way
affects me.  When I was a kid Pollyanna
did the same for me.  Now that I'm a grown
woman, Betheney Frankel does it for me.
It floats my boat!
What's keeping you busy these days?
What's your stress-breaker?


17 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I watch The Housewives once in a while, too! They are just so far removed from real life that I find it comical. But, I also like crime shows and I love The Mentalist.

Good luck on your trip(if you go). I hope the weather cooperates. xo Diana

Marsha Young said...

Oh, dear - I am such a dudtz that I don't even know who "Bethanny" is.

Sad, isn't it?

But I do hope that you have a safe trip and lots of fun, if the weather cooperates. We are such weather-wimps out here in Calif. that a stiff breeze keeps us home. :)

yaya said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope your trip can go with no delays and the weather improves. I wish I could send some good weather vibes but Mother Nature absolutely hates me! I don't watch any "Housewives" but I do love "Chopped" on Food Network but my very fav show is "Parenthood" on Tues. nights..but's is done for the season. Sob.Sob!!

Linda said...

I play Scrabble or Words With Friends. LD and I usually watch a TV show every day (we DVR them) but Amber and Mike do not have cable.

I need to go back and read your profile. You homeschool and have grown children, too? I did that!

I have no clue who Betheney Frankel is!

Happy end of the week to you, my sister blogger buddy!

Cheri said...

LOL - I'll let ya know when I find it.

karen said...

Hope you're trip is wonderful! I don't watch old Bethenny, but I do love Parenthood and The Mentalist, and I'm coming to love The Voice.

My Mind's Eye said...

Great news on your sore dogs!! Good shoes are key for sure and thanks for the tip on the supplement.

Nothing worse than a long drive in rain. Travel safely. Happy birthday to your oldest!!

I have several stress relievers!!
1. Blogging:
Seriously, thinking like a cat does wonders for the BP. LOL
2. Walking
3. Reading
4. Crocheting
Hugs Madi and Mom

Delena said...

I love my pvr also, watch all my fluff no brain tv until midnight or later. Crocheting is what floats my boat and keeps me calm. As soon as I pick up the hook I am relaxed.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love to read and blog for relaxation. I'm not much of a TV watcher, but have gotten interested in The Voice and usually watch some of Dancing With the Stars. I love music.

Have a good and safe trip when you go and have fun!

Jeanie said...

I loved Pollyanna so I may have to check in on Bethenny.....not the same, I know, but you make her sound interesting.
I'm glad you found something that helps your feet.

nancygrayce said...

Pollyanna was my all time favorite! I have a few guilty mindless pleasures.....all shows my hubby call trash. I now they aren't the best...

I'm kept very busy with mama.....mama....mama...sure hope my kids will take care of me when I'm her age....oh, boy!

Shelly said...

My big stress buster is exercise. I am a teacher, and so like you, school is keeping me quite busy.

Be careful on the road-

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne said...

Right now, blogging is my stress breaker...and meeting all these lovely new people! I'm coming to you from over at Nana Diana's blog ~ so nice to meet you! I'm a new follower! ♥♥
Anne

Jill of All Trades said...

I hear it is going to be lighter on the rain side, I hope...

Skoots1moM said...

BIG BANG THEORY is my stress buster; i laugh out loud and it breaks apart my bad days when they occur...very creative writing!
i watch betheny sometimes too...i saw the episode with the eyebrow threading the other day...too funny, poor guy.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo!!! Here's wishin' your lovely daughter a most happy birthday.

If ya do make the drive I hope ya'll have a blast and a half with those granddolls of yours.

God bless and have yourself a fantastic weekend!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...