SWEET TEA

Monday, February 6, 2012

Sunshine on a Winter Day

I am gonna be your very favorite Blogger friend
today 'cause you are gonna LUV this!
Pinky swear!

I made this and it was delicious AND pretty.
Confession:  I was too busy eating to snap a photo,
so this is not my photo, but mine looked this good.
Really.  Our guests seemed to love it as much as I did.

        

 Sunshine Cake
4 eggs
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
1 3 oz pkg instant lemon pudding mix
            don't use sugar-free
1  6 oz container lemon yogurt
1 C hot water.
*I used egg beaters, low-fat yogurt
and the juice of one lemon as part
of the hot water.

Preheat oven to 325.
Grease 2 loaf pans.

Using an electric mixer beat all ingredients
till well mixed.  Pour into loaf pans.
Bake 40-50 min. depending on size
of loaf pans.  The top of cake should
be very lightly browned and set in middle.



Blueberry Topping
2 C. blueberries, fresh or frozen
Zest of one orange (don't omit this)
3/4 C. Sugar.
1 C.  Water

Combine blueberries and sugar
in a saucepan.  Stir until sugar is
dissolved.  Add water. Boil until the
juice is of syrup consistency; approx 8 min.
It will thicken more when cooled.
Let cool a few minutes then stir
in zest.

When I served this I used Lemon Ice cream,
but Lemon Sherbert would probably be
equally as good.

Serve this and everyone will think you're
Paula Deen's younger, thinner, sister.
I.am.bad. but so is Paula Deen.


11 comments:

KTW said...

That looks HEAVENLY! I'm not a huge fan of lemon stuff, but I think the blueberry topping would make me a fan. Thanks for sharing! :)

Shelly said...

Yummmm!!! Looks delicious!!!

Autumn said...

YUMMMMMMMM

Jill of All Trades said...

I'm going to try this for sure. Looks so yummy!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This looks scrumptious! I LOL'd at your mention of Paula!

My Mind's Eye said...

Heading to the grocery store right now!! OMC that looks yummy.
Hugs Madi's Mom

Anonymous said...

oh boy , blueberries and lemon, great combo!

yaya said...

That looks super amazing! I'm trying to stay away from sugar but that would knock me off my "no sugar" wagon! My hubby loves lemon and I think this would make him smile too. I don't think I've seen lemon icecream..lemon sherbert yes, but icecream? Maybe I need to look harder or find a better grocery store!

Jill said...

Looks yummy! :-)

Hope you have a great week!

I'm having a giveaway if you get a chance stop over and check it out :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Janie Fox said...

that looks great but alas I have divorced sugar.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh that is to die for! sandie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...