SWEET TEA

Monday, December 5, 2011

In a Pickle

Yes.I.Did.
I went shopping and ended up
"in a pickle".

Mister and I went shopping.
Remember when I mentioned it HERE ?

We shopped with a plan.
He dropped me off at Hobby Lobby
while he went to the bookstore.
I was to call him when I wanted
to be picked up.
That was the plan.

I LOVE Hobby Lobby.
I shopped from one end of the
store to the next. 
So much "eye candy" to enjoy!
I don't know how long I was in the
store - let's just say I was "focused".

Finally I had my finds in my buggie
and headed for the check-out lane.
While waiting in line I tried to
phone Mister to tell him
I was ready for "pick up".

Alas! 
My phone was dead.
It would not call.
It would not text.
It was "Day-ed",  
as we say in the south.

Woe is me. I was stranded.
and
 "in a pickle"
and
not too happy about it.


Thank You,
to the nice young lady
who let me use her phone
to make "the" call,
otherwise I'd probably be
blogging from ye ol' Hobby Lobby
at this very moment.



16 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Ummm... blogging from your dead phone???

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I loved this post. This is the kind of thing that happens to me all the time. :-)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Oh dear. Lucky there was a kindly soul. Bet you are going to have fun.
-Joy

Mari said...

Oh dear - glad someone helped you out!

Sush said...

I am very impressed at your resourcefulness! How nice of that shopper to share her phone. Southern graciousness!
Whatever did we do before cell phones...????

Glad you got out of the pickle jar in time for Christmas!
Hugs~

Stephanie said...

Been there, done that! I'm glad someone came to your rescue.

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL If you had been stranded there for too long and continued to shop I wonder if the charge card company would have finally called Mister saying..there is uncontrolled spending on your card...blah blah blah!!
Hugs C

Anonymous said...

what would we do with out the kindness of strangers, I wouldn't mind being stranded in Hobby Lobby, I've never been there but it sounds wonderful.We sure don't have one of those here,

Rob Hunt said...

A nice cup of tea at the end of your day is whats needed!

Chatty Crone said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I can just see that happening - maybe because it happened to me!

What would we do without cell phones and nice strangers.

sandie

Rhona said...

Isn't that just typical! Yay, for kind ladies :) xx

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you got rescued and that you got to enjoy all that shopping before you found out you had a problem.

Mary said...

Ha, ha, ha! You should sell your life as a sitcom!!! :D

Chris said...

This is too funny my friend. We sure are a pair. Let's just hope that it was just a one time thing for both of us. Hugs, Chris

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
I too have been in a pickle or two at one time or another. While I love to shop, we can only see so much at Hobby Lobby before we are ready to call it a shopping finale.

That must have been one heck of a book at the bookstore DH found and was reading. He too lost track of time.

Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers or you might still be camped out in Hobby Lobby. Sweet Tea on aisle 5.

Have a gorgeous day sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

My husband's phone number is the only one I remember becasue it is one digit differnt than mine. If I needed to call my daughters on someone else's phone, I wouldn't have a clue. I had better write down all these numbers and stick them in my wallet, just in case.

I love Hobby Lobby. I could spend hours in there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...