SWEET TEA

Friday, November 18, 2011

Life on the Edge

I worked around the house today
doing laundry and such then
decided to go shopping.

Buying something new to wear for
Thanksgiving seemed
easier than bringing my winter
clothes in from the garage storage.

It was a bad decision.

Going shopping at 3:00 in the afternoon
when one's blood sugar is low is not
the smartest thing to do. 
I  had a full blown hot flash while looking through
racks and racks of sweaters and coats.
I live in Louisiana and cannot for the
life of me figure out who they are
selling all these sweaters, coats and
knee-high boots too.  It's HOT here.
We seldom have really cold weather.
The evenings and nights get cold but usually
the weather warms with the dawn and
the days are mild. 
I wore a coat 3 times last winter.
I pulled a few light-weight items from
the rack and ducked into a dressing room.
I fanned myself to cool down before I
tried on anything.

I miss my young body that stayed slim
and toned with no effort.  It's only right
that it has left me since I didn't properly
appreciate it.  I weighed 115 lbs the
day I weighed in at the hospital before
giving birth to my 8 lb 8 oz son.
I digress.

I bought a couple of things
and waddled home.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Princess is at the Mall with her friends
and Mister is at an Investment
Club meeting which means I have a couple
of hours to be "home alone".

This is how I roll -

Dinner - dipped straight from the can
and put into a coffee cup


then served at room temperature
along side a few potato chips,
a small bit of diet Coke and a juice glass of
hard lime-ade.

I like to live on the edge . . .  .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . .of the sofa.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that soup too, I eat it the same way, my husband hates it, sorry your shopping went bad but tomorrow is another day.We are freezing here, snow snow snow, that warmth sounds real good right now to me.

Bobbie said...

OH GOSH. This sounded oh, too familiar. I've had dressing room nightmares where I thought for sure the manager would have to come and cut me out of the dress I tried on... And then of course the hot flash and feeling that if I didn't get the dress over my head or cut off of me, I'd surely die of a heart attack right there in the dressing room. LOL.
Glad to see you made it through and found some relaxing time...

Anonymous said...

I like your way of spending your alone time. That's just the way I do it. I don't think I would like warm all the time. The cold makes you appreciate those warm days more.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love it! It's nice to know there are other humans out there in blogger world.

Skoots1moM said...

i keep a fan with me at all times...'nuff said.
i had 'lonely' soup-for-one last week; mine was chicken/potato

My Mind's Eye said...

LOL thankfully I'm past hot flashes but I must share this with you. Last Christmas I was at a neighbor's house for a gal gathering. All of a sudden our hostess started fanning and said "Excuse me I'm having a personal summer"!! We all cracked up.
Good luck Hugs
C

karen said...

Yep, I miss my old body too, but I don't think it's coming back any time soon. You and I would have a good time sitting on the couch together. Except I would probably make us something that doesn't come from a can.

yaya said...

Hey, scoot down on that couch would ya?

Amarie said...

Oh, noooo, that's condensed soup LOL! I wish I could say it's that warm here, but I could use a couple of fluffy sweaters right about now! Thanks so much for the follow, following back. :-D

Joanna Jenkins said...

Stopping over from Living Consciously-- I saw your post title in Jeanie's sidebar and stopped by. I'm glad I did. I related to so much of what you said-- and I laughed a lot in agreement. Thanks.

I'll be back again soon. jj

nancygrayce said...

I love shopping except I forget what my body really looks like and that it never looks like the models who show them. :( Sometimes I buy something thinking it will make me look younger, slimmer, sexier and when I leave (without it) I have to talk to myself about my age and body type! sigh

Chatty Crone said...

I love this post - I totally understood the post - been there and done that. Shopping is not good at 3.

The only thing I have not done is eat cold soup out of a can. Hmmm.

sandie

I Wonder Wye said...

that's a new meal on me -- totally relate to the easy self-sufficiency of it however...my go-to meal is usually hummus and pita chips or cottage cheese with fruit or avocado. Something equally easy one can eat in one dish while vegging...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...