SWEET TEA

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Girl's Gone Wild, sort of

Woo! Hoo!
What a GREAT TIME I had in New Orleans
with some of the funnest gals I've ever had
the good fortune to know.
This is how we look.


But this is how we feel when we get together!!
(If you're of a certain age you totally understand
what I mean.  If you don't understand then
you will when you're older.)

I'm gonna let the photos tell you
about our Get-a-way.
This is just a few of
the fun things we saw and did.
They are in no particular order







(an inside joke  *wink)








NO!
Definitelty not one of our group.











These are just an "inkling" of the fun we had -
I was far too busy having a good time
to take many pictures.

This group of friends is a group of women
I met online @ ivillage 7 years ago.
They have become some of  my best
friends.  Who would have thunk it?!Once a year we get together,
always at a different, fun, location
and have an ongoing good time.
We leave our husbands and our problems
behind for a few days and have nothing
but FUN!There have been as many as 22 of us
one year and as few as 6 another year.
Those attending this year were from:
Washington,
Delaware,
Georgia
Chicago,
Alabama,
South Dakota,
Louisiana,
and
Canada. 

And I'm already looking forward
to where we'll go next year!!

 

12 comments:

bj said...

HEY...on your way to meet them next year, let me know...I'll be sittin' on my porch swing, bag on one side, a bottle of wine on the other and "raring to go"!! :)

Looks like ya'll had a blast..and I died laughing at the one digging thru the tub. I thought that was me for a minute.:)))

Anonymous said...

Hey you sweet thang!!! You helped make that trip a blast as always. Loved the photos! I could hear the music just looking at the pix of the wedding parade!

No pix of you in your sarong??? I'm just sayin'.......Love you girl....PJ

Brenda Pruitt said...

How wonderful, how you all met! Are you sure that member isn't part of your party???
Brenda

Chatty Crone said...

Now who came from Georgia - I wish it was me!

Your group looks like a hoot!

Loved the Flamingo. The girl not in your group - whew. Shopping is fun. Loved the bunny shirt.

Glad you had such a great time.

And one thing - I don't think all people who become older - 'get it' necessarily - I believe it comes from searching and looking for it and then choosing it!

Love,
sandie

Danniegirl said...

I am so glad that you all enjoyed NOLA. I am sad that I could not be there. I keep saying,"Maybe next year". We'll see. Sarong? Tell!!!

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

Can I come on the next trip? Better yet, come to Vegas and we'll get some great pictures here, too! Looks like you had such a great time. Nothing like girl-time, right?

My Mind's Eye said...

Pictures are worth 1,000 words.
WTG Gals having fun!!
Hugs Madi and Mom

Cheri said...

Looks like tons of fun...hey I'm from Ga now, so I'm not too far away.

NanaDiana said...

Oh What Fun! I am so glad that you are able to do that wiht your friends. Glad that wasn't one of yoru group in he RED GET-UP! xo Diana

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

What a great time you had. I know all of us want to join you next year. You are so right about how we feel... we are frozen at the age we met... in our minds, that is. You've all made wonderful memories together.

Mary said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time!

karen said...

What fun! And I totally GET what you mean about how you look as opposed to how you feel. In my head I'm still 22. Good friends are the best, aren't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...