SWEET TEA

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crazy Stupid Love, movie review


"Crazy Stupid Love".
I bet this movie will surprise you;
It surprised me.



What I expected was a flaky, chick-flick,
about a hokey Dad



trying to reinvent himself as a
"hot dude" in order to re-enter
the dating scene.

Yes.
You do get that.
But the surprise is that you get
so much more.

"What's clear in the movie is how powerful and emotionally draining [divorce can be].
"It's a huge loss and I think people tend to, I don't know if trivialise is the right word, but I think they under-appreciate the enormity of the effect a divorce can have on people."
He added: "Some of my friends have gone through divorce after many, many years of marriage, so several elements of the movie ring true to me.
"Certainly, getting back into the dating game is a very frightening and daunting element [of the film] that is rooted in reality. I had a friend who, after 25 years of marriage, found himself trying to date again, and it was completely different."

This movie had far more plot than I had
anticipated.  It was funny AND
thought-provoking which made
for a great movie.
Well worth the ticket price, IMO.

Note: PG 13
Just a few bad words.
I will allow my 16 yr old  to see it.

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for the review-I wasn't going to watch it because I thought it was probably a stupid movie!;>) I do think he is funny though- I still like The Office- xo Diana

Unknown said...

Appreciate your opinion. Movies are so expensive--it's nice to have a trusted review. Take my advice and do not see Bad Teacher! What a waste of money and talent!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I thank you too. I am not a big Steve Carell fan but would give it a chance now that you have liked it. I did like Date Night though.

I just watched the Jake Gyllenhaal "Source Code" and liked that one.

KTW said...

I had pretty much written this one off my 'to see' list because I figured it would be dumb. I'm glad you posted this! :)

Chatty Crone said...

My daughter and I just talked about going to this movie - glad to know it's good!

Sush said...

Glad to hear the positive review we are planning on seeing this one soon! Trying to find movies that are good can be hard.

Hugs!

nancygrayce said...

Oh, thanks! I really want to see this movie. Now maybe I can convince hubs to go with me!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...