SWEET TEA

Monday, August 23, 2010

Look at my "find"!

chest

I found this pretty little chest/armoirre at the Goodwill
in Tulsa!  $50 bucks and it was mine!
(our dining room is not LEMON yellow -
don't know why it photographs that way)

blackpaint
I had actually planned to paint it black
then give it a light sanding on the edges. . .
(I love that finish)

oldenglish
However,
after a little of this,
I decided it should
keep it's original wood tone.

Sooooo, I don't get to show you my
crafty refinishing skills...

Photobucket
but I do get to tell you how
happy I am
that all our homeschool books/papers are hidden
away in my "find".

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for you! Sometimes things just aren't meant to be painted.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

That IS a great find! I love finding treasures at Goodwill!

NanaDiana said...

Cute find! I gotta tell you-from here it looks Taxi-Cab yellow! lol I don't know why but I have some rooms that the color in photos doesn't look anything like it does in real life. Must be the lighting or something. Great little storage unit for $50! Diana

Unknown said...

I love it! How's homeschooling going?

nancygrayce said...

That is a great find! Paint in pictures just doesn't come out that true!

arkie said...

Great storage piece! It is amazing what a little scratch cover will do isn't it?

Joyce said...

oooh...what a great find!

Unknown said...

what a GREAt lil treasure

Robin said...

That is fantastic!! GREAT FIND!


{{{HUGS}}}}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...