SWEET TEA

Friday, July 30, 2010

Blueberry Binky Cake

Our 30 yr old  son  baby boy is
coming to visit this weekend. 
Can't wait to see him!
The Guest room is ready
so now it's time to give this baby
his binky
 bake him his favorite -
"Blueberry Binky Cake".



Photobucket

You can feel a little bit good about fixing a cake
when you use egg beaters and add blueberries.

Streusel:
1/2 C chopped pecans
1/4 C Brown Sugar
3 T. Btter, melted
1 t. Cinnamon
Stir this all together and set aside.

Cake:
1 plain Yellow Cake mix
8 oz pkg Cream Cheese, room temp
1/2  C Vegetable oil
1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C milk
3 eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
1 1/2 C. blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Combine all the ingredients for the
cake EXCEPT for the blueberries.
Beat the cake batter for 2 min.,
then pour into a greased/floured
13x9 pan.
Scatter the blueberries
evenly over the batter.  Drop the
Streusel mixture by spoonfuls
over the blueberries.

Bake @ 350 for 45 min.

When cake is cooled I like to
drizzle it with Cream Cheese
Frosting, but it is actually quite
good without any frosting.

blueberry cake

Can you say
"tastes like an ooey, gooey, blueberry donut"?
Binky Delicious!!

9 comments:

Kimmy said...

Oh my!! That's looks de-lish!!!

I will have to show my daughter this post cause I told her that when she's older, I'll still be calling her my baby! No matter what, our kids will always be our "babies"!! Heck, I'm gonna be 36 {tomorrow} and I'm still my mom's baby!! lol

Have a wonderful weekend!! Thanks for always stopping by my blog too!!! ;o)

Mary said...

That does look good!
Have a good time with your "baby"!

Jewel said...

Wow, ST, that looks positively divine! I'm saving it to my recipes so I can fix it the next time I need a delicious dessert!!! Thanks so much!
Loved the post! :-) I have told our 24-year-old son that he will still be my baby when he is 54!! So, get used to it!
Have a great time with your son!!!

Robin said...

Yum, Yum, YUM! That looks so good! I will definitely try that!!

Have a great time with your baby boy!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

This sounds delicious. Thank you.
Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

Wow! I wish I was there! Have a wonderful time with your baby. I still call both of my girls my babies. They are so used to it by now.

Thank you for the recipe!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh have funn! What a wonderful delight -- they never stop being our "babies" do they?

Jill said...

That looks really good! Hope you have a great time with your "little" boy. (They never grow up in our minds, do they?) : )

Jill of All Trades said...

That looks so very yummy. Have a great visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...