SWEET TEA

Monday, June 14, 2010

Can't take the Honky Tonk Outta the Girl!

It's true -
"You can't take the Honky-Tonk
outta the girl".


I have know most of these gals
"for-evah" and though I have moved away,
each Summer we get together;
this year they came to see me
in Louisiana.

The BIG QUESTION -
How much fun can 7 women
squeeze into one short weekend?
I'll let the photos do the talking.

Roseville B&B
Marshall, TX






Strawberry Mint Lemonade, Victorian Soup,
Chicken Crepe, Tomato Pie, Jello Salad
(10,000 calories!!)






"May God bless us one and all
till we gather again"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *


 

During all the fun I found time to step in the middle
of a hill of FIRE ANTS!!
Ouchy-Wah-Wah!!

11 comments:

Kimmy said...

Great pics and great fun!! Always a good time to spend time with our friends! Glad you had a fabulous time. Bummer about the fire ants. Ouch!

Robin said...

Oh wow! It looks like y'all had a great time! Well, except for the fire ants..lol!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Parsley said...

Super fun except for the fire ants. OUCH

Jill of All Trades said...

Oh what fun, what fun. I have a group that we get together every year at our cabin. We call it "The Hanging of the Bra's". (The fire ants didn't look like too much fun.)

KTW said...

What a great time you must have had! Minus the ants, that is. Sorry THAT had to happen.

Mimi said...

I wish I had a group of women like this. I hope you have an amazing time!

Unknown said...

Looks like too much fun--I'm jealous! Except for the fire ants part of course.

Joy Tilton said...

Bless your heart, I mean your foot! Fire ants are the worst bites! They were new to us when we moved down to Texas in 1996. My husband kept Roundup all the time to spray the mounds that would pop up overnight in our yard. I miss Texas for lots of reasons, but not the fire ants!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you lovely ladies had such a grand time!

Unknown said...

Mom said she had a blast! Glad you all had a great time. I have to ask though, what is up with the kicking pic? :)

samurai said...

Fire Ants SUCK!

Once dove head first into a Fire Ant mound... fortunately i relocated before the drill sergeant saw me.

Followed your link from Susan's blog... i LOVE Sweet Tea, but... not Southern Sweet tea... (I live in one of them there "border" states.

God bless.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...