SWEET TEA

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Dozen

 



Happy St. Paddy's Day!
If you want to join in the fun
of Random Dozen
you can click  HERE
to link up.

1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
    
Black Cats, Friday the 13th, Open Umbrellas. . .
Bring 'em on!


2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?

FINANCES.I'm pretty darn good with
a Budget.
I get that from my Mom.

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
    Early afternoon.


4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?

    Depending on how you look at it -
we once went to a friend's house
bearing a Birthday gift in July,
only to find out we had confused
the date and his birthday was in Feb...
Really surprised him!



5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?

Flip Flops.
I'm a simple girl.


6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?


Do you like my St. Paddy's outfit?

and my footwear. . .




Even though I'm Greek
I'll be flaunting my GREEN on St. Paddy's Day. 
GREEN is my favorite color!

Yep. 
I thought of everything.



7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
I don't understand "ambiguous".    
I never use it correctly in a sentence,
so I've deleted it from my vocabulary.

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?



    a Playful Lion...warm days, stormy evenings



9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?

    EXERCISE!   
(that's a lie. honestly.)


10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
      The DVD's of when my children were young.
*sniff *sniff

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
     
A serious answer - "the ability to swallow".
Beyond losing some extra poundage, think about how your life would change if you could not eat. 
At.All.Ever.  ?????? 

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name.
      Mine is  Juverna Duffy. (blech!)

13 comments:

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. You always make me chuckle. Thought I would mention when you click on yours it takes you to an old one. I then found it by clicking on your March posts. Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Mary said...

I love how creative you are with the pictures! Flip-flops, you southern girl, you!

Unknown said...

I look forward to the pics you find as much as your answers! Just one question--how'd you get hold of my St. Patrick's Day outfit? ;-)

SusanD said...

Loved reading your great answers. The green toilet paper was a nice touch. lol. Have a super day. Blessings, SusanD

Mocha with Linda said...

#11 was great.

Mom24 said...

I always love reading your answers.

I can make a great budget, it's trying to make a realistic budget we can stick to that trips me up every time. :)

Enjoy your green today.

I can't wait for flip flops either.

Pamela Scott said...

thanks for the chuckles i loved your outfit!!! and I wish I could say that about finances oh and how funny on the birthday now thats late!!!!

Susan said...

Fun answers!! Oh I WISH I could do a budget! Thank goodness my DH can.

:-) Susan

Kim said...

Have never heard of that Irish name!
#4 cracked me up!
Nothing ambiguous about your St. Patrick's day outfit! LOL
Great answers.
Happy St. Paddy's Day!

P.S. In Africa we decorated for weddings using colored t.p. :-)

foxy said...

I wish I could say the same thing about my finances!! I am the same, however, about flip flops. LOVE THEM and have about 20 pairs that I alternate for 3/4 of the year (almost year-round in TX)!!

nancygrayce said...

Loved your answers too! I am a flip flop girl too and it isn't even warm enough to wear them in Florida yet! Boo!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What entertaining answers and the pictures are great! Blessings to you and Happy Spring!

Jerralea said...

Seriously? You wore green lipstick for St. Paddy's Day? LOL

Loved your answers - you are so creative with the picture illustrations!

You're right - the ability to swallow is essential and taken for granted ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...