SWEET TEA

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Second Cup of Coffee Olympic Version

 


I love this Wednesday "Get-to-know-ya" thang  that 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts.  Lots of Fun!  Feel free to stop by her Blog to link up.

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
    I'm assuming that talent has nothing to do with this question (BIG assumption). 
    I would be a Gold Medal Winning Olympic Gymnast, jumping, gyrating and causing everyone to swoon
    because I could contort my oh-so-slim-and-toned body into any shape I chose, but my ever-faithful-handsome-boyfriend-who-was-watching-from-the-sidelines would be keeping the adoring crowds at a
    distance.
"Can you tell I've been day-dreaming during the commercials"???

2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
    Dorothy Hamil getting the Gold in Gymnastics - and of course her PERKY hair cut!
    She did win the GOLD, didn't she?
    Before we all wanted Jennifer Aniston and Farrah Fawcet hair, we wanted Dorothy Hamil hair.

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
     Nope.  I don't run with a very athletic crowd, we're more the "sit and eat bon-bons" type.

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
    "Creative Shopping" while twirling a flaming baton with a child on my hip.
     and eating Bon Bons.

     It could happen.

5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
    Greek.
    When I found that out I understood my "nose".


6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
    Is this question really worthy of an answer?
    Does a dog bark and a cat meow?
    'Course I LOVE to sleep late!!
    A better question would be, "Define late".
    That's not a question.  Oops!

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
    Thank God, "no".  Hope I'm never put in that situation.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
    "Texas.  Cause it's a whole other country".
     Remember that commercial?
     Greece.  Would love to visit the land of "my people".




9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
    Yes, but it's been years ago and they're still married after "all these years".

10. What is the last book you read?
       "The New Puppy", Little Golden Book.  It's been a while.
       I seldom read, except the Bible, and BLOGS!
       I'm not real proud of this.

11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
       Would you like to give a "Shout Out" to some of your newest Bloggy Friends?      
       Why yes, I would.    Thanks for signing on to "Follow" me around.
        "Anything Fits A Naked Man"  don'cha LOVE this name!!
        "Seasons of My Mind" , an Oklahoma Blogger.  Love the home folk!!
        "Eternally Distracted" a somewhat mysterious Blogger.  Love that!
        "Come Sit By My Fire"  A Blogger who tells it like it is!!  Kudos!

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
       TAMALES, rice and beans; chips and Salsa.  Mmmmmmm!
        With a Margarita on-the-rocks alongside.
        Followed by a splash of "Beano".


16 comments:

BARBIE said...

Thank you for making me laugh today! Loved your answers.

SouthLakesMom said...

I almost said Greece too! I want to visit the classical ruins and 'feel' the place . . . but I'm told the tourist thing kind of overwhelms the history...but for you it would be a family connection! Go for it!

SusanD said...

ahahaha. you so crack me up. thanks for getting my day of right. Blessings, SusanD

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I'm going to do this, too, but I'm sure my answers won't be nearly as amusing! Want to come write mine??

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it!!

I...LOVED Dorothy Hamill! I got her haircut too, which was a SEVERE mistake (I have very curly hair, did I really think it was going to be magically perky and straight like hers once I got it cut? Yikes!) But I'll NEVER forget her standing on that podium and getting that medal!

Thanks for the laugh! You're funny!!

Joyce said...

It was fun reading here today...fun answers! I loved #3-that's my kind of crowd!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Your post was a scream. I can't remember when I have laughed so much. Thank you for sharing it...you are a nut!

Angie said...

Best blog post of the morning...you sure you're not related to the gal who wrote My Big Fat Greek Wedding? You've got a great sense of humor.

I have had all THREE girls hair, thank you.

LOVED # 8 - Texans have a NATIONAL pride, don't they!

Will have to check out some of your # 11...and

Thanks for ending with a splash of beano! I feel better already.

Jewel said...

Yeah, I'm with ya on #3! That's the kind of crowd I run with, too. LOL Sooo funny! :-)
"Creative shopping"? Love it, though that would not be my sport of choice. That would more closely fit my son and daughter-in-law. :-) They would surely medal!
#8! What a hoot!!! LOL

Nel said...

You are too funny. Enjoyed your answers! I liked Dorothy Hamill also!

Until next time... nel

Mocha with Linda said...

Loved the answer to #8 - Yay for Texas!

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

Loved your answers. "The Lost Puppy" so funny :)

Skoots1moM said...

i keep beano in my bag all the time
love your texas answer
i want to do greece one day, too
fun answers :)

Sue said...

Your answers cracked me up! I love your sense of humor.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. I will be back for sure ;-)

Mom24 said...

Great answers! I've always fantasized about being a gymnast too. I have curly hair and I still shudder remembering when a hairdresser cut my hair into a Hamil-camel. It was cute on her, not on me. :)

Mmmm, when can we go out to dinner? That sounds delicious!

Love your couch potato graphic.

Jill said...

Great answers! I especially love #3 and #4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...