SWEET TEA

Friday, January 29, 2010

Springers AND Feelers

I've learned there are Two types of people in the world -
  Springers   AND    Feelers



My beloved Husband of many years is a Springer.When the alarm goes of he "SPRINGS" from the bed
ready to begin his day.  Sometimes he sings. 
Sometimes he hums while reading the newspaper.
And should another person enter the room  he is
oh-so-happy to carry on a conversation.

ON THE OTHER HAND 



Feelers (that would be me) hear the alarm go off,
then they hit the snooze button at least twice
before even opening one eyelid. 
Then they twist and turn in the bed
 till they find another comfortable position. 
In a couple of minutes they open both eyes
and simply stare into space
thinking about the day at hand and
feeling their way into slowly putting first one foot,
 then another onto the floor. 
They yawn.  They stretch. 
They move about,
 but conversation is not on their mind
for another 30 minutes or so.

Most Families have one Springer and one Feeler.
How does this play out in your house?
I'm just askin'

7 comments:

Robin said...

Hubby and I are BOTH Feelers....so that makes for interesting mornings! LOL However, he likes to get up at least an hour before he has to leave to make sure he can just piddle around until time to go. I, on the other hand, stay in bed until the last possible second, then fly through my morning routine and end up sweaty and exhausted before my day even really begins. Unfortunately for me, Jameson is a piddler, just like his daddy.....so that makes for VERY interesting mornings!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

KTW said...

I fluctuate between 'springing' and 'feeling', I suppose. The Hubster is definitely a feeler. I'll have weeks where I just hop right up out of bed and jump straight into my day! LOVE THOSE DAYS! Then I'll fall into feeling mode and have to drage myself from the bed. Of the two kids still living at home, I have one of each. It's only a problem when my springer is the first up during one of my feeling periods. Ugh!

Susan said...

My hubby and I have always been springers. Up and at'em, Atom Ant! He cracked me up just this a.m. dancing wildly while I fixed the oatmeal, doing a combination river dance and Curly Shuffle while we were still in our p.j.'s and robes.

Brigid said...

I'm a springer. Have you seen Julie and Julia? There's the scene right after Julia Child starts taking cooking classes, and they show her hit the alarm a split-second after it goes off and yell "I'm up!" That's totally me.

Kimmy said...

Well, let's see. I guess I could be both. I'm a springer if I have somewhere fun and exciting going on but when it's a work day or no plans calendared, I'm a feeler. My husband is literally a feeler in the mornings...LOL!

Jill of All Trades said...

Well I used to be a feeler but after many years of getting up for Jazzercise and needing to be "UP" I am now a springer!

Unknown said...

I guess I'm the Feeler in our household. I have to turn the TV on in order to get my eyes open.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...