SWEET TEA

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Slacker Cook Tuesday!

It's SLACKER COOK TUESDAY once again, and you're gonna LUV this weeks, throw-it-in-the-pan dinner which cooks in the oven while you . . .
1. Take a Bubble Bath
2. Visit with your fav Bloggy Friends
OR 3. Catch up on some of your TV viewing

Slackers, "Kiss-your-MaMa Steak Dinner"

Round Steak, pretenderized (enough to feed your diners)
1 can Corn, drained
1 can Green Beans, drained
Potatoes, figure 1 potato per diner
Beef Gravy packet, your favorite brand
1/4 C water

Preheat oven to 325.
Lightly grease a 13x 9 pan.

Peel and slice potatoes horizontally (as for Scalloped potatoes), place them in the prepared pan on one side, leaving the other half of the pan empty.

Drain canned
Corn and Green Beans.
Place Corn in the pan next to the potatoes.
Place Green Beans in the pan next to the Corn.
Salt & Pepper all the food to taste.

Rinse the Round Steak and lay it on top of the potatoes/corn/greenbeans.

Pour the water into the pan.

Open Gravy packet and sprinkle the DRY gravy mix over the
Round Steak.

Cover pam tightly with foil.
Bake for 1 hr and 30 min. (while you do something FUN!)
Uncover and let stand for 5 min before serving.



The meat will be fork-tender and the veggies yummy.
A great dinner in one pan.

12 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

My favourite kind of dinner - in one pan:)

Angela Tolsma said...

I LOVE THIS!! I am super excited I read the whole post to Mr!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love all in ones. This sounds yummy. My mouth is watering...and I have already eaten tonight....but I may try it tomorrow night. Thank you for sharing.

babbler said...

I read this recipe while Mr. Slug was broiling a steak in the oven....the smell came up the stairs, so it was almost like I could smell the one pan delight! To reward my Mr. Slug for being so good and squishy, I am going to prepare this yummy delight on Friday evening when I know we will not have to be anywhere, then I will request that he read to me, a book of my choice, after the feast. Thanks for such an inspiration! You Rock! Love from Mrs. Slug in Oregon

momof3girls said...

I vote for taking a bubble bath, so once I am done with dinner then I can check on my friends in blog land

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Now that's sounds like a good and simple dinner! I'm dooling just thinking about it!

momof3girls said...

Well now that I am out of my bubble bath, and I have checked my friends in blogland. I have discovered I was tagged for Bag Tag.

Well guess what? Since in the game of tag you must pass it on, You wonderful, lovely, funny southern girl have been tagged for a Bag Tag over at my blog today! Tag! Your it!

Cajoh said...

Reminds me of what I have been doing with fish. Taking all the ingredients, placing them in a pan, and sticking the whole thing in the oven.

I like the fact you got the meat, potatoes, and veggies all in one place.

Anonymous said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

Unknown said...

I posted your Taco Rice recipe on my blog. Should have asked first. Let me know if it's not okay. Thanks!

Jill of All Trades said...

I am so sorry I did not get around to posting about my big win till today. I meant to but time got away. Anyway, Hissy Fit arrived today and I wanted to thank you again and the little note cards are adorable. Thank you, thank you. Carla

~j said...

that sounds so much better than the pizza my family's having tonight. =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...